Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Mid/Long Range Disco 3

WxUSAF

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Better than 12z...I'm telling yall, this is exactly where we want it...no joke

I'm not mad at it. It's fine for this range I'm just observing trends. And I want an amped up bomb that gets to just off ocean city at 975 and sits there. And I want that at gametime not now. I'm not too worried about a cut. The flow is pretty suppressive for that. The more amped The better it will plow moisture into where it meets the resistance and dump on us.  I can see a weak wave escaping. If it's amped up it will try to climb and get blocked and that's when we get destroyed. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Better than 12z...I'm telling yall, this is exactly where we want it...no joke

I’ll take it.  It’s the best look for many of us in some time.  Juicy and cold enough.  It’s damn near perfect actually. 

Just now, Scraff said:

No disappointment here. This has the makings of a unicorn storm no doubt. So the question is  this. What day this week do we want see the this trend to bullseye and lock in? Thursday?

Friday 12z.  followed closely by a Happy Hour epic Nam'ing to drive the place into a frenzy.  Yeah. Ive thought this through haha

3 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

That's the funniest snow map I've ever seen! :lol:

Relax, the snow maps will volatilize and settle 96 hrs. pre event . We are still 6 days out. The latest GFS gives a Miller A  and a major impact to Virginia.  I am still a little concerned about HP placement to our north. Later data tonight and tomorrow will provide answers.

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Best look yet on gefs comparing last 2 days of runs. 

That's what I like to hear. At work doing my forecasts now, so I'll have to look later, but your word is pretty solid lol. Can't complain on that GFS run. H5 progression was much nicer than 12z. Models will bounce around a bit at this range. It was really close to something massive for everyone. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Best look yet on gefs comparing last 2 days of runs. 

I would think we start seeing the ops ramp up again. All 3 ensembles took big steps today. Great trends even if the ops didn't put  out pretty snow maps today.

Archived