• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jculligan
    Newest Member
    jculligan
NorthArlington101

Jan 8th Ice/Mix/Rain Event

looks like sleet is showing up near germantown and incoming.  it's easy to forget precip is generally easy here.  we don't, however, usually have temps as cold as it's been.  if this makes it through i expect road issues...maybe a lot of them.

2 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Still 28 degrees and looking at radarscope, it's on my doorstep.

advqd8r.jpg

Looks like an old James Bond flyer with that bullet hole around Dulles and the blood splatter everywhere

I left Timonium around 10:15 am with some sun peeking through the clouds and it was like that until Frederick.  no precipitation until I got closer to Charles Town.  I have a sleet/snow mix now and untreated surfaces are already glazed.  even the hypothetically treated surfaces were holding onto the snow and ice. I'm glad to be home before it gets worse. 

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Moderate snow / Sleet now 

Just flipped to snow/sleet here as well. Just a guess but it looks like the warm layer above us is getting scoured out. Wouldn't surprise me any if we flip completely to snow and stay that way up in our neck of the woods. Bodes well for areas to our south for wintry precip. 

9 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Just flipped to snow/sleet here as well. Just a guess but it looks like the warm layer above us is getting scoured out. Wouldn't surprise me any if we flip completely to snow and stay that way up in our neck of the woods. Bodes well for areas to our south for wintry precip. 

Looks that way. Short range hinted at changing to snow up here on and off .