Total Members
    Most Online
    NJRunner
    Newest Member
    NJRunner
MN Transplant

1/5/17 to 1/8/17 Obs Thread

4 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

Just looked outside and in the past ten minutes it started snowing and everything is white, roads, lawn etc.

Good to hear! I like the looks of that band you're in heading towards D.C. Another hour perhaps?

This can probably be ranked as the first radar hallucination, but the last few radar frames are showing back building further west.  

On on another note, if Norfolk stayed all snow, they're getting smacked, I'm jealous. 

1 minute ago, FairfaxVAsnowlover said:

Looks like FFX County could pick up a quick dusting to quarter inch form this next little burst, if not more.

Yea, I don't think this is over for some of us. Short range shows similar timing and If anything consolidates, I think we have a chance.

It's coming down at my house.  Everything covered quickly.  The radar doesn't look horrible either.  Not great but I'll take it.

Not snowing in Dupont. Radar doesn't look all that bad for a serious dusting. I can also confirm that I mistook for a dusting the salt in the streets

Sent from my A466BG using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Looks like things are slowly starting to fill in to the west...need to get into good returns soon.

Yeah, hopefully it is.  I'm still snowholed at the moment...familiar from Thursday night.  Haven't seen a flake yet.  

Howard County just cancelled all in-school activities today, so no basketball.  Hope we get something to make it worth it.  

2 minutes ago, usedtobe said:

Been snowy for 2 hours and my ground is still not white.  Better hurry up or my 3 to 5 inches here Clavert will not get close to verifyiing. 

I generally don't worry, but my internal panic meter just spiked a bit after reading this...good luck Wes. 

The band forming off towards the west seems (to me) to be moving sufficiently ENE to keep the immediate metro snowing for a bit

Light snow now in NW. I'm hoping this powdery snow piles up just enough cover the grass. Be a nice winter scene