• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thumper the Dumper obs/pics 12/16 to 12/18/16

Ginx snewx

Front is through....strong westerly winds. Had a few blips in the past hour or so where we tried to mix out before the fropa, but it'd jump to 34-36F and then fall back to 32F a minute later. Hit 38.6F 10 mins ago and it's back to 35F already.

All of the ice is cracking and falling off of the trees.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Front is through....strong westerly winds. Had a few blips in the past hour or so where we tried to mix out before the fropa, but it'd jump to 34-36F and then fall back to 32F a minute later. Hit 38.6F 10 mins ago and it's back to 35F already.

All of the ice is cracking and falling off of the trees.

Changeover coming over the mountains now.  It's about 25 miles NW of you.  

Starting to get grass in north ORH. Front getting through just in time to at least save a chunk of it. Def lost more than I would've thought. On the drive, the pack was almost gone in Natick and Swiss cheese at 495 into ORH. But the north side was holding on better. Even the nuances within the city made a difference. 

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Here's a 15 minute or so time lapse of fropa that came through half an hour ago.  Cam faces SSW.  Watch how the clouds shift from SW to NW very quickly.

https://video.nest.com/clip/3fa1d3ef347c4141b6b3e4cc9ea4ada3.mp4

That is an awesome time lapse! I'm gonna use it in my class when i teach cold fronts! 

Archived