Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thumper the Dumper obs/pics 12/16 to 12/18/16

Ginx snewx

16 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wow, that's damn cold for rain.  Enjoy.  I'm amazed how quickly everything coated up here.  Glad I'm home. 

Baltimore last night [GRAPHIC] This is video of a fuel tanker sliding over the rail on I-95 this AM and EXPLODING shortly after. (via Marvellous Amasiacu) #WBAL https://t.co/A49YrqNn89

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually had a flash of lightning and thunder about 20 minutes ago.  That is something I was not expecting.

Have climbed to 30.6*; deck is a sheet of ice.   I guess I won't have too much time in the warmth, though it appears GC jackpots on the rains.  Will likely become a glacier by late afternoon/early evening.

32F with freezing rain at home when I left this morning...car was encased in an annoying amount of ice and pines were bending.  Took the heater like 15 minutes just so I could scrape the ice off the car.

Temps increase with elevation right now, and warmest spots around is 45F at 3,600ft.

MMNV1 recording a few 92mph gusts at 4,000ft.

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That map says December 10th?

Yeah--I saw and removed that.  For some reason, that one keeps coming up when I try to 'paste image'.  Weird.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Ugh. 27.8F

so much freezing rain overnight. 

Nice.  Aside from whatever residual sub-freezing exists on the ground, it's done here.

24 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Holy crap CAD, it,s 34F here and 47F in Tolland and 50F in Vernon.

Looks like 40s extend as far north as some stations in New Hampshire east of the CT River.  You can tell the elevated areas vs. protected valleys.  It's the one thing weather wise I don't like about where I like.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How bad is the icing in the lakes region?

I've seen worse, but so far it has all fallen with 10s and 20s so the freezing has been swift and efficient. The truck is encased in ice, trees are sagging, and everything is a skating rink. I assume you want an actual accretion measurement. I'll make an attempt in a bit.

Up to 29.0F now with another batch of precip approaching.

Archived