Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thumper the Dumper obs/pics 12/16 to 12/18/16

Ginx snewx

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 4.5" at the 3,000ft snow board for this event, congrat's to those down south who hit warning criteria, fun stuff!  Today's snow brought us to 110" on the season at that elevation.

Bummer the snow train is about to come to an end for a little while.  9 straight days of 1" or more and 14 of 16 days with 1"+. 

Averaging 4" per day so far in December...but that average is about to take a hit it seems.  Enjoyed the deep winter today though.

December_17_JoshA_zpsrohddgac.jpg

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Only 4.5" at the 3,000ft snow board for this event, congrat's to those down south who hit warning criteria, fun stuff!  Today's snow brought us to 110" on the season at that elevation.

Bummer the snow train is about to come to an end for a little while.  9 straight days of 1" or more and 14 of 16 days with 1"+. 

Averaging 4" per day so far in December...but that average is about to take a hit it seems.  Enjoyed the deep winter today though.

I know what you mean.  Even down here it's been nice.  Nothing like what you've had but I've had white on the ground in some form for the better part of a week now.  Today just felt right with the snow underfoot.

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Finished with 5.2" / 0.53" here. Never got out of the teens. 14.5F now. 

12" OTG.

yeah, just about 8" here between the granular matte left over from previous and the 6" or so on top.  solid snow pack ... all things considering, how are we doin' again?  The month's only half over.  granted some folks in the se zones and so forth probably spurn this post but still... it's not bad here in the interior. 

just think, maybe the 23rd breaks the right way and then that thing the 18z GFS is pigging afterward...  i think it'd be funny if we ended up above average - i know I've been a downer about the pattern..

I have not enjoyed a snow event this much since the early feb storm 2015 (the one with the last minute burst and the best event that winter for death valley with around a foot), 7 plus inches of manly snow and it looks gorgeous out

slightly above normal for Dec if not another flake falls, very cool

5 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

I have not enjoyed a snow event this much since the early feb storm 2015 (the one with the last minute burst and the best event that winter for death valley with around a foot), 7 plus inches of manly snow and it looks gorgeous out

slightly above normal for Dec if not another flake falls, very cool

What did you get Monday?

Measured a settled 6.25" at the house.  Spent the day in W Franklin co and it was just pouring snow in the morning.  Light and dense.  Congrats to those folks and also to those right on the valley floor who did really respectably well today.  Best Dec stretch there since the similar 1-2 punch in 08.

48 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

What did you get Monday?

2.5 slop, it may have been a few tenths more bc the changeover had already happened when i measured and most places in spfd reported 3-3.5 but I am only a couple miles over the border and in Mondays type of event areas just to my north like east spfd/chicope will often do 1-2 inches more and then of course more esp n of mtn in holyoke

i had to attend to some business in turners wed and noticed sig more snow otg exit 12 north and turners had 3-4 otg!!

turned to rain by 5am monday morning

20 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Have not budged from the low 20's so not surprising.  It will be minor accretion at best. 

perhaps.  But sitting where we are (21.9 here), I'm hopeful we don't lose much of the snow on the ground (I don't think it merits being referred to as a "pack").  If we maintain a lot of what we have and it freezes during the cool down, I'll then consider it a pack.  Which I will hope to hold onto during the mild rainers next week.

2 hours ago, radarman said:

Measured a settled 6.25" at the house.  Spent the day in W Franklin co and it was just pouring snow in the morning.  Light and dense.  Congrats to those folks and also to those right on the valley floor who did really respectably well today.  Best Dec stretch there since the similar 1-2 punch in 08.

Congrats E

Archived