Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thumper the Dumper obs/pics 12/16 to 12/18/16

Ginx snewx

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shoveled the long sidewalk the snow guy missed.  Also cleared the pile the moron put blocking trash and recycling barrel and the deck box that has stuff like the dog brushes we use S she is brushed only outdoors.  

Was a nice little workout for an old man and surveying today's look of deep winter I'm happy.  Tomorrow come what may.

13 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelius said:

Ended up with 7.5" and had about 10 minutes of sleet at the end just to cap things off.  Had a glacier of about 4" underneath that.  Nice to have snow otg before Xmas for a change.  Be interesting to see what we have left come Monday. 

There will be full coverage left I'm sure. Too much frozen water in the pack in that area. Also, the lower glacier isn't exactly warm...that matters. You have to warm up the pack to melt it. A pack full of 40F rain water is a lot easier to melt than one full of 10F glacial ice at the bottom. 

So it'll definitely take a hit but I don't think it will be nearly enough. It only looks like about 6-8 hours of true mild wx tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

25.8 .

For those of us south of I-90 it was nice to have winter .. and since the pack will go tomorrow and we are wiped to grass,.. as we always say.. it's better to have had and lost than to never have had at all

I enjoyed it. Frustrating to look ahead....but hopefully we can pull something off. At least my Christmas lights actually have snow on them.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I enjoyed it. Frustrating to look ahead....but hopefully we can pull something off. At least my Christmas lights actually have snow on them.

With nothing imminent on the horizon except a small chance Thursday night, it's a bummer. Hard to believe looking outside now what it will look like at this time tomorrow as the heat miser brings his eraser.Hopefully the op has a clue and any warmup is minor 

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

With nothing imminent on the horizon except a small chance Thursday night, it's a bummer. Hard to believe looking outside now what it will look like at this time tomorrow as the heat miser brings his eraser.Hopefully the op has a clue and any warmup is minor 

You'll have some pack left.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

You'll have some pack left.

I have to disagree . I've seen these before. Once those south winds start tonight it begins. It'll be 44 by morning and 52 by 9:00 and rot there thru noon or 1:00. Other than a patch in a sheltered nook or something it's gone. But a place like Simsbury or Enfield in the valley will stay 32 until 9;00 tomorrow and have full coverage. It is what it is. I know how this works 

19F up here at 1100 feet.  Plymouth NH about 450 feet lower is 14F.   I seem to be about at the top of the real cold layer below.  Picture from a few minutes ago.  How fast can this be removed later on?

Also note my snowstake in the lower right.  5.5" from today.  About 10" or so on the ground now.  Glaze tomorrow morning should cement everything down nicely.  

snow stake.jpg

Archived