Newest Member
    Toothache
Thumper the Dumper obs/pics 12/16 to 12/18/16

Ginx snewx

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I've seen worse, but so far it has all fallen with 10s and 20s so the freezing has been swift and efficient. The truck is encased in ice, trees are sagging, and everything is a skating rink. I assume you want an actual accretion measurement. I'll make an attempt in a bit.

Up to 29.0F now with another batch of precip approaching.

No thats ok....just wondering if it was damaging  yet. Our cottage has electric heat so if power is lost...it becomes an issue.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No thats ok....just wondering if it was damaging  yet. Our cottage has electric heat so if power is lost...it becomes an issue.

We still have power. I don't think it's that bad yet, but the trees do have a lot of snow caked on them still too. 

Looks like a hair less than 1/8". Maybe 3/32".

4 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Rain starting to break out now across CT.  Snow depth is at 5" and temp 34.3. Winds light N.  I suspect we wither down to maybe 1-2 inches. MPM will probably still have 6" easy.  I think Kevin holds some patchy coverage.  

2 days and 2 instances where valley beats the hills. 

14 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Glass half-full.  It looks like you'll avoid the all-out torch.  Congrats.

Should still get upper 40s to near 50 around noon.   This place doesn't hold onto the cold like Chris or you

Steady rain now.   I think I hold onto a good amount of snow for a few days at least 

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I wonder if I ever get out of the 30's?   I wouldn't mind a brief warm spike since you could skate on our driveway right now. 

Been stuck at 32.5 for two hours now. 

I'm up to 32.8 here--I think I'll break 40*.  I doubt you will.  The jackpot of rain we'll have will offset our cooler temps.  But, it will provide a solid base if it can hold through the next two week (haha).

It's a furnace along and below I-84.

3 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I'm up to 32.8 here--I think I'll break 40*.  I doubt you will.  The jackpot of rain we'll have will offset our cooler temps.  But, it will provide a solid base if it can hold through the next two week (haha).

It's a furnace along and below I-84.

I think the valleys will be above 40F too even if it takes until the cold fropa to mix it out.

Archived