joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Meteorological Super Bowl During AFC Championship? 1/23-1/24, Part II

CapturedNature

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's starting to look like NYC ends up close to the jack as they get both the WWA thump and then the CCB..While DCA to Philly dry slots

NAM is likely still overdone, but NYC can afford it to be a little overdone at this point and still get annihilated. GFS last run was very close to nailing NYC and the Euro brings the 1.5" liquid contour to the southern parts of the city. If NYC ends up the pivot area, you can start talking 20"+ there.

NAM is likely still overdone, but NYC can afford it to be a little overdone at this point and still get annihilated. GFS last run was very close to nailing NYC and the Euro brings the 1.5" liquid contour to the southern parts of the city. If NYC ends up the pivot area, you can start talking 20"+ there.

Trust me..you guys are sitting in the perfect spot for this.. DCA and Philly will rip and then slot for hours..while you guys sit in heavy snow as it transfers to 2nd low and ccb just destroys you. That's the money spot right there. And Virginia..west of the dry slot

Going to be some pleasant surprises for you folks up near and north of I-90. Models showing you that in different ways

c-1" here is my expectation. Think the prolonged virga ideas might be overdone... not a classic dry air bleed in the valley IMO... but I do think the pivot east as the transfer occurs will be dramatic and pronounced. Will be disappointed and mildly surprised if we don't see a flake.

Trust me..you guys are sitting in the perfect spot for this.. DCA and Philly will rip and then slot for hours..while you guys sit in heavy snow as it transfers to 2nd low and cab just destroys you. That's the money spot right there. And Virginia..west of the dry slot

I bailed on taking a flight back from Austin when the models were becoming shaky down there. I'm kicking myself a little because 2/6/10 still remains very fresh in my mind as do other busts, but it will still be very exciting to follow along. If it's 75% of the storm the NAM is advertising at home, this could be one talked about for a long time.

Tomorrow will have weenies looking at the first band and commenting on how good it looks until it craps out north of the Merrit. 

I live in Easton CT Right above the Merritt - Models are now 4 inches to 22 (From GFS to NAM). In your own opinion, throwing out the Nam, that the GFS/EUR/GGEM can shift another 15 miles north?

Archived