joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Meteorological Super Bowl During AFC Championship? 1/23-1/24, Part II

CapturedNature

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno, I think at least several of us have said keep watching in the southern areas.

I'm probably toast up here outside of a couple inches of arctic sand...but you never know. However, I've never thought the southern areas were ever truly out of the game.

Yeah most on here have been saying the south coast gets clobbered.  The box made by CEF-HFD-GHG-BOS (I think Coastal said that a little while ago) is the biggest question mark by far.

Anyway, here's the 18z GFS QPF for posterity.

I dunno, I think at least several of us have said keep watching in the southern areas.

I'm probably toast up here outside of a couple inches of arctic sand...but you never know. However, I've never thought the southern areas were ever truly out of the game.

Definitely. I shouldn't have said everyone. Generalizations are no good!

This is gonna be a hell of a storm to watch. I will make a day chase out of it. February will hopefully be a great month! :pimp:

If we get one more bump, and it verifies, I'll be cross country skiing around ocean drive in this thing.

It'll definitely be one of those where miles matter massively, and not just north south.  We saw some crazy gradients last year where PVD got 3 inches and we got 10+ I'm sure there will be some nice bands in some places and not in others, especially if it starts to be a bit ragged as the energy transfers east.  Just have to hope you get the good stuff.

i probably won't be around to now-cast this paint dryer ... it's a muse to see dca buried alive, sure - haha 

should be a done deal for our neck of the woods - with no responsibility to it, it's a better night to head out on the town and do whatever else.  

i just think, how many times a bench mark bomb held up short of RUT VT ...so close they could taste the 35 dbz deformation band, only to have it halt on the doorstep leaving them with nil. 

it's just that these storms have a terminus ... and it's our turn to have that be on our doorstep.  (speak n of ct and ri of course)

You don't have to head too far south before the populous gets pretty soft.

Our former intern is now at RLX, and they're up to 11" so far. They need the National Guard to get the evening shift out. They have employees staying at a nearby hotel, but that's not that uncommon if the WFO has the option.

February 2013 I was on my own. January 2015 I drove home after a midnight. Uphill both ways.  :oldman:

But it looks like a very efficient snowfall going on at WFO RLX right now.

Well I guess there have been some negative busts already. DT is publicly melting.

the last  16 runs of the  GFS....   GEFS  high res   ... the last 12 runs of the  the op euro .... the euro eps ...
the last 6 runs  of the RGEM      all of it  100%     dead bang  wrong

in the end the  sh!t     ass  NAM  from  60  hrs ago  was 100%  correct  

just wow  

Is Hippy Valley a reference to PSU?

No, I actually used to go by "HappyValley" which is what the Pioneer Valley in MA is called but I changed it because too many people here thought I was referring to State College area which I am not associated with in any way.  

When I re-up my AmWx membership I may switch to HoppyValley since there are so many new breweries and hops farms here. 

edit: and trust me, the hippy population here beats anything you would find anywhere in PA. lol. 

i probably won't be around to now-cast this paint dryer ... it's a muse to see dca buried alive, sure - haha 

should be a done deal for our neck of the woods - with no responsibility to it, it's a better night to head out on the town and do whatever else.  

i just think, how many times a bench mark bomb held up short of RUT VT ...so close they could taste the 35 dbz deformation band, only to have it halt on the doorstep leaving them with nil. 

it's just that these storms have a terminus ... and it's our turn to have that be on our doorstep.  (speak n of ct and ri of course)

The worst part will be for the sad person who gets under that 35dbz deform band on radar, only to see -SN/--SN falling as the radar is hitting those echoes at 10-15,000ft and the snow is actually falling in the town to the south.  You're going to want that band to be a few miles north of you and you're golden.

Archived