joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Meteorological Super Bowl During AFC Championship? 1/23-1/24, Part II

CapturedNature

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Easton CT Right above the Merritt - Models are now 4 inches to 22 (From GFS to NAM). In your own opinion, throwing out the Nam, that the GFS/EUR/GGEM can shift another 15 miles north?

They certainly could....but could also tick SE too. It will come down to a nowcast deal I think near the CT coastline for sure. I do think they are at risk for a period of S+ as that initial thump moves in. 

This will be a first for me.  I've never seen LGA on the FRH grid near 2.25" in liq equiv (all snow), while BOS manages only a 10th of an inch. 

I have seen that attempted in the models on numerous occasions over the years.  Ultimately, at least some percentage of the LGA numbers smeared up into SNE. 

In this situation, given to the models absolute unyielding presentation 0 snow in EEN while it's perhaps nearing a foot in CT, ..seems we'll just have to pull the seemingly physically impossible gradient here.  interesting.

The upshot for me is that I had plans to go to an AFC party, which this is good because that won't canceled.  Word! 

One thing is for sure in this storm...the radar hallucinations are going to be epic. It's going to look amazing for a long time before it craps the bed just short of most of us.

I still think the south coast though should get in on some goodies.

Archived