Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Meteorological Super Bowl During AFC Championship? 1/23-1/24, Part II

CapturedNature

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch those 700mb-500mb fronto plots.

In all seriousness, the area from Tolland to Boston is going to be fascinating to watch. I could see a sneaky NW frontogenesis band develop and easily overcome the dry air in the vicinity of N.CT to E.MA and lay down a high ratio 6-10", while both sides of that band suck sand and dry, small flakes, and then you move further south and finally get into the real comma head wall of precip towards S.CT to the Cape.

I guess it'll be interesting if any banding develops north of the "wall" of moisture further south...without a decent mid-level band the dry air is going to suck up those 10-20dbz echoes, but pop a narrow area of 25-35dbz that's slow moving west to east, and someone gets relatively surprised.

ULL is just bullying everything northeast. It's much stronger again..This is good

It is stronger this run but it also looks "flatter"...like its wider from E/W...that is actually not what we want at all. So I think this run will be worse. We want to stretch this sucker N/S as it lifts NE...I mean, maybe it will try and do that in the next few frames, but so far, I don't really love that look.

In all seriousness, the area from Tolland to Boston is going to be fascinating to watch. I could see a sneaky NW frontogenesis band develop and easily overcome the dry air in the vicinity of N.CT to E.MA and lay down a high ratio 6-10", while both sides of that band suck sand and dry, small flakes, and then you move further south and finally get into the real comma head wall of precip towards S.CT to the Cape.

I guess it'll be interesting if any banding develops north of the "wall" of moisture further south...without a decent mid-level band the dry air is going to suck up those 10-20dbz echoes, but pop a narrow area of 25-35dbz that's slow moving west to east, and someone gets relatively surprised.

It will be interesting.

Do we saturate H7 only to have H8 stay dry and eat up some of that? It's going to be so close.

Archived