Newest Member
    joxey
Meteorological Super Bowl During AFC Championship? 1/23-1/24, Part II

CapturedNature

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You agree with BOX advisories/warnings? 

I'd be nervous in the advisory sections about choking on arctic exhaust....but they are probably ok for now. There is a chance one more last minute tick could put the advisory sections in warning snows, so they want to have at least some sort of headline.

This will be a first for me. I've never seen LGA on the FRH grid near 2.25" in liq equiv (all snow), while BOS manages only a 10th of an inch.

I have seen that attempted in the models on numerous occasions over the years. Ultimately, at least some percentage of the LGA numbers smeared up into SNE.

In this situation, given to the models absolute unyielding presentation 0 snow in EEN while it's perhaps nearing a foot in CT, ..seems we'll just have to pull the seemingly physically impossible gradient here. interesting.

The upshot for me is that I had plans to go to an AFC party, which this is good because that won't canceled. Word!

Philly and Central Park are maybe 80 miles apart, Philly received 2 feet of snow on 2/6/10, Central Park nothing. So these gradients have happened unfortunately.

Scott do you think the OES will be heavy or jut some extra light accum?

Doesn't look heavy. It actually looks to start near in northwest of Boston as some coastal front aided snow. Then, as winda become more Northeast to north northeast I expect this band to move Southeast and for more typical ocean effect bands of snow to develop Saturday evening.

Archived