joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Meteorological Super Bowl During AFC Championship? 1/23-1/24, Part II

CapturedNature

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beginner/hobby meteorologist here. Question for the group: why will the dry air north of the storm so strongly prevent the storm from continuing on the northerly path it seems to be taking at the moment? The storm appears to have a strong anchor in moisture from the south - why does this not feed enough moisture to drive the storm's momentum and prevent it from taking the easterly turn the models are predicting?

its more involved in physics of relocation of mid levels as triple point reformation takes place. Occlusion processes also occur. Storms are not perpetual. High pressure to the north is like a wall. Spray a hose against a wall and it diverts from its original path.

The 00Z RPM is actually coming in better than the 21Z, i thought it would continue the trend of coming back to earth but it seems its back to being very bullish looks closer to the earlier runs today so far..

SR: I thought that too but its HRRRX which is extended Range HRRR on wxbell. And it actually looks very good for CT has .7-.9 down the CT shore tomorrow aftnoon but i dont think its worth much just an exp model at the time.

The 00Z RPM is actually coming in better than the 21Z, i thought it would continue the trend of coming back to earth but it seems its back to being very bullish looks closer to the earlier runs today so far..

SR: I thought that too but its HRRRX which is extended Range HRRR on wxbell. And it actually looks very good for CT has .7-.9 down the CT shore tomorrow aftnoon but i dont think its worth much just an exp model at the time.

thats hourly operational now

I wouldn't just toss it if it actually trended north....I mean, that model has some value.

I have checked it out before...I wouldn't base your forecast off of it, but take it as a caveat that this could have some northern legs.

I wouldn't just toss it if it actually trended north....I mean, that model has some value.

I have checked it out before...I wouldn't base your forecast off of it, but take it as a caveat that this could have some northern legs.

The RPM is run off an ARW core...it's as useful as the SREF ARW members.

Archived