Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Meteorological Super Bowl During AFC Championship? 1/23-1/24, Part II

CapturedNature

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was interesting how no one commented on the fact no balloons were released into the Caribbean. There is a ton of moisture and energy streaming from there for this one.

We really only have Puerto Rico to help us there. Unless it's a US territory we can't really ask them to launch extra balloons.

GInx mentioned the QPF bump for NJ.

With the H8 feed from Bermuda at 80 knots or so, slamming into the deformation, that should be some efficient precip production.

The models have been playing catchup with the larger ULL/mid-level moisture feed in that area...the globals in NNJ/NYC area were pretty putrid yesterday but now there's pretty good consensus of a big hit. The risky blizzard watches put out yesterday are looking good from OKX.

I feel like the same thing will happen further northeast along the south coast...

The models have been playing catchup with the larger ULL/mid-level moisture feed in that area...the globals in NNJ/NYC area were pretty putrid yesterday but now there's pretty good consensus of a big hit. The risky blizzard watches put out yesterday are looking good from OKX.

I feel like the same thing will happen further northeast along the south coast...

Yeah - if I was back home around HVN I would be pretty pumped about this one.

I could definitely see 0" here and nearly a foot down there. 

Archived