Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um um, eh forget about it.

It was a big jump north and the sref was north. Better not continue to trend this way.

It mostly expanded the precip field. Every model run lately gives DCA/BWI between 18-24 inches. No matter how else everyone else to the east, west, north and south fares, that's been the same theme for DCA/BWI. So that is very good consistency. My forecast from earlier today is still headed towards bustville.

People are ridiculous. It's gonna be a stone cold mauling area wide and people freak out. I don't get it

We've been burned many, many times over the years. Maybe not with this kind of consensus, but at some level everyone posting here is thinking about scenarios on how this could fall apart. 

Also, it is natural to want the biggest snowfall totals over your house and be disappointed when that doesn't happen.

My flirty love letter to the snow:

Dear Snow:

We all know you have been jerked around by the GFS, the parallel experimental GFS, the NEO-EURO

and the JMA.

Snow, sweetie, if you will give my back yard a try, I think you'll find it very comfortable.

If you promise to stop by, we can share fresh cinnamon biscuits just from the oven.

If you are interested, we can put a little of you in a chilled glass and top you with an

adult libation.

If you still aren't sure, think of this offer:  Dear Snow, if you stop by and hang around awhile,

I will top the bird feeders with fresh bird seed and take beautiful photos of our winged camarades

against you, beautiful snow, as a fine photo background.

Dear sweet snow,  here is my best appeal:  If you stop by and hang out for awhile, when I clean

my driveway, you will be respectfully placed upon the most massive pile of yourself that can be

assembled.  Dear snow, show up and hang out and we shall keep you around for weeks and weeks.

Think about it, Dear Snow.

Adoringly,

Winterymix

We've been burned many, many times over the years. Maybe not with this kind of consensus, but at some level everyone posting here is thinking about scenarios on how this could fall apart.

Also, it is natural to want the biggest snowfall totals over your house and be disappointed when that doesn't happen.

True, but just looking at the big picture, this thing is gonna be an all timer with moisture up the arse. The run to run consistency of MD/NoVa being in the bullseye has been rock steady outside a few odd ball runs. Precip field probably extends north and helps the PA crew, but the bullseye isn't going to leave our general forum. Someone will get obliterated off the map during this storm, the question is where. And everyone else will just be buried for days. I love where we stand.

If you told me a on Christmas day that in 3 weeks. I would be watching it snow while I was tracking a HECS. I wouldn't have believed a damn word. I thought for SURE we would have a super lame winter full of torches. Don't forget your roots, people. First came the beautiful pattern that produces scum. Now we are facing a show of raw winter power. Cheer up those of you that are down for whatever reason.

Archived