joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate it when the sun comes out after a blizzard. I'd prefer the following day to be cloudy, cold with flurries.

One thing no one has been discussing is that it warms up right after this storm. Upper 30s and some 40s next week. Melting will start Sunday and continue the whole week. That sucks. So enjoy it while it lasts.

One thing no one has been discussing is that it warms up right after this storm. Upper 30s and some 40s next week. Melting will start Sunday and continue the whole week. That sucks. So enjoy it while it lasts.

That's how nino's typically roll. I was amazed how fast 10 feet of snow melted in Feb 2010. The Dec 09 storm got washed down the gutter 5 days later. Feb 83 was a quick melt. Jan-Feb 03 waa pretty epic though.

This is just a terrible post.

This is at least the second time you've congratulated the models tonight. That's like congratulating a football team on its win before the game has started! Let's see what actually pans out before congratulating a model. I think you could be singing a different tune when this turns into a Philly special and we get a crusty 6 inches...

This should be named the Mixing Storm...I have never seen so many people worried about mixing.

SSDY - every single year it's either the same cluster of people or new weenies that invade worrying about it. Yes it could mix...still gonna be a big time storm and a lot of our big events do mix in spots (as has been mentioned like 1000 times).

It's like people don't understand how big storms go down in this area. N/W almost always does better. There was a dry slot in 96 before the band's moved back over the area, pingers in 93, etc. There's always some issue even in the biggest of storms. We're not getting a uniform 24" across the entire area. Someone will boom and someone will get some mid-teens number and be pissed.

I think people are just losing their sh*t due to this being consistently modeled for almost a week now... the waiting game has wreaked havoc on people's mental state.

For some reason I find it more annoying to be getting 20 inches while some place in the distant hills gets 30 inches. This doesn't seem to happen when I am getting 6 inches and they are getting 10. Not sure what is going on. LOL

Archived