Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

Less of a man...that's a good one.

Explain to me what the problem is instead of ripping behind my back. What don't you like about my posts? Is it fine in your book to rip people behind their back? Go to some banter thread and throw junk at people. I've never done that in one single post.

It's not fine, I've just noticed yesterday and today you've engaged in discussions about the mixing that you as an experienced met should not even bring to the table for discussion. I know everyone learns something new everyday, but that was something I know you as an experienced meteorologist are aware of and need no clarification on. You know how to read soundings as good as anyone on the planet I'm sure.

If trix wants to exercise her opinion that's fine, it may not make you the happiest and there's probably a better way to say it then she thinks your turrible but you can't take it to heart.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just ignore them ERS we all appreciate your info and you being here posting on a regular basis. Don't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch.

OT: Do you know what happened to Ray Martin (Famartin here) he has been MIA for a few weeks. I hope he is ok.

Ray is great. I had dinner with him a couple weeks ago. Sharp guy.

Less of a man...that's a good one.

Explain to me what the problem is instead of ripping behind my back. What don't you like about my posts? Is it fine in your book to rip people behind their back? Go to some banter thread and throw junk at people. I've never done that in one single post.

My unbiased, lurker opinion is that more often than not when someone posts something that another doesn't want to hear (mostly about lower snow totals in their area) the angered party has a tendency to attack the the poster's credibility and knowledge. This forum (and Eastern before it) seems to have more than it's fair share of immature people who can't keep their emotions in check when they read something that doesn't gel with what they want to come to fruition.

Over the years I've come to the conclusion that the world of online weather forums is fraught with immaturity and anger with a sprinkling of decency and level headedness. IMO you fall into the latter and I enjoy reading your input regardless of whether or not it's good news for Arlington.

It's not fine, I've just noticed yesterday and today you've engaged in discussions about the mixing that you as an experienced met should not even bring to the table for discussion. I know everyone learns something new everyday, but that was something I know you as an experienced meteorologist are aware of and need no clarification on. You know how to read soundings as good as anyone on the planet I'm sure.

If trix wants to exercise her opinion that's fine, it may not make you the happiest and there's probably a better way to say it then she thinks your turrible but you can't take it to heart.

My posts are being taken the wrong way. I'm not here to show my skills or prove myself at all period. The mixing comments are simply to point some things out. Cover a few more details that is all. Just want to be part of the discussion and add both sides to the analysis. The forum is a hobby for me. I like the most of the members and I have fun. It's a place for me to be a weather but again. The field can be rough and political. This is an outlet for me. Why would I want more stress in my life?

My posts are being taken the wrong way. I'm not here to show my skills or prove myself at all period. The mixing comments are simply to point some things out. Cover a few more details that is all. Just want to be part of the discussion and add both sides to the analysis. The forum is a hobby for me. I like the most of the members and I have fun. It's a place for me to be a weather but again. The field can be rough and political. This is an outlet for me. Why would I want more stress in my life?

I totally agree. Honestly all it takes is a little clarification. This is a hobby for us and I agree with that 110%. You have to be willing to read stuff that makes you wonder sometimes. I apologize for coming off like I was taking a shot at you and it's a misunderstanding on my part. You're certainly doing better than Mike Masco on this one. Again, sorry and I hope we can enjoy the storm together!

I totally agree. Honestly all it takes is a little clarification. This is a hobby for us and I agree with that 110%. You have to be willing to read stuff that makes you wonder sometimes. I apologize for coming off like I was taking a shot at you and it's a misunderstanding on my part. You're certainly doing better than Mike Masco on this one. Again, sorry and I hope we can enjoy the storm together!

Absolutely! My name is Ken btw.

No problem at all. Let's move on from this.

Just so it's clear --- It's 5 a.m.and people are still stuck on the DC Beltway trying to get home from work -- yesterday.  I don't see how the Feds can even open today in this situation.  Many employees didn't even get home until early this morning, and some still trapped on the roads. 

I meant to post this on here on Banter instead of main board..

Just be clear -- it's 5 a.m. and people are still stuck on DC Beltway trying to get home from work --- yesterday!!!  I don't see how the Feds can even open today. Some of its employees didn't get home till early this morning, and some not at all.  Looks like Arlington Schools just closed, probably until Feb. 1.

I was out last night a 10pm and the roads had not been treated at all. The Baltimore beltway was a mess at every incline as trucks just spun their wheels.

My commute is relatively short, about 7 miles, and it took a bit more than 2 hours starting at 7. City was ok, the bridge was an icy mess. GW parkways was fine, but Arlington grid was brutal.

Wife said there was some vehicle with a speaker going down Old Dominion, the main road, at like 11 saying the road was closed. I'm going to wonder up there when it gets lighter and see what it looks like. They need to get these roads cleared so that people can do their prep work for tomorrow and the weekend.

Archived