Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

Yes! Thanks! Found it and fixed it.

good, i know that recently i getting a little banner on taptalk about saying "yes notify me of replies", and i kept saying no. easy to hit by accident, that's for sure. glad you got it taken care of. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still can't believe this is actually happening again... Finally... It's been 6 long years, gents. Ji was right back then. We'd pay dearly for that winter, but we've paid our dues. We're back in the saddle for an epic, good ol fashioned, MA nor'easter blizzard! It's gonna be a wild weekend. Savour every minute.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well, some people should.

We usually have multiple fatalities state wide with events like this one.

154 people died because of the '96 blizzard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_blizzard_of_1996

Technically, there are very few deaths due to a blizzard.  People die in auto accidents, usually caused by their or someone else' fault.  People have heart attacks from shoveling snow.  To a large extent, most of these are avoidable.

I've been hit with millions of snow flakes in my lifetime, and never once have I suffered an injury.  Just sayin'

Technically, there are very few deaths due to a blizzard. People die in auto accidents, usually caused by their or someone else' fault. People have heart attacks from shoveling snow. To a large extent, most of these are avoidable.

I've been hit with millions of snow flakes in my lifetime, and never once have I suffered an injury. Just sayin'

Agreed the snow isn't the direct cause, however those of us involved in emergency mgt. fire/rescue/health/safety occupations know that more people die during such large scale events that wouldn't have died otherwise - hence my "blaming" the snow for those deaths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived