• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

Really appreciate it Kenny. I really enjoy learning and posting about winter wx. It's a weird hobby but harmless and fun. Thankfully my wife digs it too. You are the only amwx member I've met in person and it was really cool looking at extra terrestrial objects. Had a great time looking at the "universe" with your telescope.

Now it's time to tune up our shovels and get to work. Lol

HOW MUCH MIXING CAN I EXPECT?!

jk - Yeah that was a fun evening with the telescope. I haven't had much time to roll it back out there since then actually. Was glad to give you a neat window into the cosmos. That feels like it was an eternity ago...

Honestly I just haven't been able to get myself to devote time to reading the KU book and studying up like you have. It's not a lack of time either - I think I just have a real case of ADD perhaps when it comes to this stuff. I start getting overwhelmed and just stop ;) 

That's okay though...I know generally what to look out for and stuff and the rest I'll just defer to you and the others for. Works for me! 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of our posters will have higher snowfall predictions for this storm than seasonal snow predictions

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/47696-snowfall-contest-january-22-24-snow-event/

Yeah. Im screwed. I went low just because i didnt think there was a chance for 3 big winters in a row.

Should I stay up for the Euro?  We're, what, 48 hours out now?  How meaningful is the Euro inside that window?

I believe at this range the Euro is still statistically the most accurate model for predicting precip amounts.

So,it is very meaningful (although with all of the early guidance tonight, I am pretty sure that the Euro will not disappoint most in this forum).  Hoping to see :o  :o  :o  shortly.

MDstorm

ers-wx has been a turrible poster from Day One. and now he's just trolling.

why do people take the idiots here seriously?

Tried sending you a PM but looks like you are not receiving new messages. Stop the nonsense. Put an end to your rude comments. I'm not here to rain on anyone's parade. This is a weather analysis page...real mets look at the full picture but you cannot handle that. This is why most of my colleagues avoid forums like this in the first place. Why share expertise when its judged for silly reasons. You know nothing of who I'am, where I've been or what I've done. I've done quite a bit for the field of meteorology. In fact I've put in 16 years and taken a lot of risk in that time. What have you done? And btw...learn how to spell... It's not Turrible it's Terrible.

Tried sending you a PM but looks like you are not receiving new messages. Stop the nonsense. Put an end to your rude comments. I'm not here to rain on anyone's parade. This is a weather analysis page...real mets look at the full picture but you cannot handle that. This is why most of my colleagues avoid forums like this in the first place. Why share expertise when its judged for silly reasons. You know nothing of who I'am, where I've been or what I've done. I've done quite a bit for the field of meteorology. In fact I've put in 16 years and taken a lot of risk in that time. What have you done? And btw...learn how to spell... It's not Turrible it's Terrible.

I don't know you, and I'm not one to judge. Trix speaks her mind, but sometimes you probably just come off as less of a man than you appear to be. I respect your work in a higher level of the profession, but sometimes your demeanor doesn't scream 16 years on the job at that level. It's probably more of a conversation habit than how it speaks for your skill. I take your word that you're a very skilled meteorologist, just have noticed some interesting questions over time.

I don't know you, and I'm not one to judge. Trix speaks her mind, but sometimes you probably just come off as less of a man than you appear to be. I respect your work in a higher level of the profession, but sometimes your demeanor doesn't scream 16 years on the job at that level. It's probably more of a conversation habit than how it speaks for your skill. I take your word that you're a very skilled meteorologist, just have noticed some interesting questions over time.

Honestly I would be pissed too if I worked 16 years in the field and a jaded weenie questioned my intentions.

Less of a man...that's a good one.

Explain to me what the problem is instead of ripping behind my back. What don't you like about my posts? Is it fine in your book to rip people behind their back? Go to some banter thread and throw junk at people. I've never done that in one single post.

The crazy thing is, there are ways this storm could improve. The 500 mb low could drop a few dms. The Gulf stream could eddy tomorrow and leave a larger pool of 72-75 F SSTs. It could just snow a bit harder for half of the 48 hours it is supposed to snow.

And the way the RGEM was starting to develop the system, any of that is still possible. A few extra mbs gradient from Ontario high to NC low would be significant. The 06z RGEM run may crank things up another notch. But basically, it now looks that a broad model consensus has established a lower limit of 18-24 inches over most of the region. Upper limit? Could be 36-42 inches in places. The Euro has more of an all-snow look than any of the other guidance. The zero C 850 gets nowhere inland.

A 48-hour storm only has to average 0.75" snow per hour to get to 36 inches. I keep looking for the joker in the deck but it's all face cards so far.

Less of a man...that's a good one.

Explain to me what the problem is instead of ripping behind my back. What don't you like about my posts? Is it fine in your book to rip people behind their back? Go to some banter thread and throw junk at people. I've never done that in one single post.

Just ignore them ERS we all appreciate your info and you being here posting on a regular basis. Don't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. 

OT: Do you know what happened to Ray Martin (Famartin here) he has been MIA for a few weeks. I hope he is ok.

Archived