• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread #2

WxUSAF

So I'm on Air BnB and found some real cheap places for rent in Frederick VA....Good spot you think? Friday would be crazy. I'd have to grab my paycheck in the AM, around 9am, run some quick errands and drive the 3 hours or so to the location hopefully before the snow moves in lol...Any other area recommendations? 

Frederick, Westminister, Winchester, State College, etc...would all be pretty good places I think

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm on Air BnB and found some real cheap places for rent in Frederick VA....Good spot you think? Friday would be crazy. I'd have to grab my paycheck in the AM, around 9am, run some quick errands and drive the 3 hours or so to the location hopefully before the snow moves in lol...Any other area recommendations? 

If the euro is right... Frederick County VA is where your going to want to be.

Why dont u wait til Thursday PM to choose your locale? Would suck for u to travel 3-5 hours and your home base get the jackpot. You just truly never know.

Well crap... it is looking more and more like I will need to do my grocery shopping before Friday. I am just not in the mindset as I meal plan and need to get my list together a day earlier this cycle. And I will have to go early enough in the day to avoid the crazies that will be cleaning out the bread and milk and TP.  :thumbsdown:  Don't get me wrong I like snow, I am just not feeling like dealing with it this year, kind of wanted a break. 

A little surprised the updated lwx area discussion still mutter about a rain/snow line to the cities. I like it - bearish from them in the lead up just seems right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why though? It's a very real concern/possibility. Not so much "no snow for you", but significant mixing or snow-rain-snow is definitely still on the table at this lead time. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm optimistic as heck given guidance, but it wouldn't take but a fairly minor shift to bring the cities into a more significant mixing scenario...lwx just covering their bases, as they should 3+ days out imo.

*Edited to add that I'm 100% with you on liking them being a little bearish just from a vibe/jinx standpoint - all of our big ones seem to have a little of that lwx over-cautiousness thrown in :-)

ordered snow boots last night, will have them tomorrow. picked up some new gloves too. checked the snowsuit to make sure it still fit the kiddo from last year. went to the grocery store yesterday to get meals and snacks. fully stocked on booze.

we in the mappy household are good to go! 

Archived