Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter Thread #2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to make a new insightful post in the disco thread when every single model and ens member is showing the exact same thing.

Even the 6z gfs that misses the full capture shows a hecs instead of a becs. The bar is so high with this storm, hard to believe.

People at work are saying they heard we are getting 4-8". I suspect the hype will start in full force on the afternoon news reports today assuming models hold steady.

So I'm on Air BnB and found some real cheap places for rent in Frederick VA....Good spot you think? Friday would be crazy. I'd have to grab my paycheck in the AM, around 9am, run some quick errands and drive the 3 hours or so to the location hopefully before the snow moves in lol...Any other area recommendations? 

If you like outdoorsy activities I would say Davis, WV.  Not only could you enjoy the storm but the mountains up there are absolutely beautiful.  Plenty of opportunities for downhill/cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.

LOL...feeling sick yet? Start playing it up today. It'll look better Thursday when you bolt.

Dude...I've felt sick since the models started converging on this thing. This is some of the sh*ttiest luck I've ever had!

Wife just gave me an order to come home Thursday, and that she's an equivalent of an SES 300, so the order must be followed. I might pas that along to my work boss...

:lol:

Why though? It's a very real concern/possibility. Not so much "no snow for you", but significant mixing or snow-rain-snow is definitely still on the table at this lead time. in :-)

I guess. Just was a little surprised to see mention of it at a discussion written after the model suite last night where it really wasn't hinted at, but, yes, I agree biggest chance of disappointment at this point lies in the storm driving a bit too far north and shifting rain for a time closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From 2014- sig worthy. One of the few times I made a good post! lol

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/45224-january-medlong-range-disco/page-12#entry3221639

Actually I would take an El Nino stronger than 97-98- that would be the strongest El Nino on record and uncharted territory so who knows what would happen. The stronger El Ninos are usually all or nothing anyway so I'd roll the dice and see what happens. Who knows- maybe that setup is a rare 1 in 1,000 years event that yields triple-digit snow totals at all three airports!

Would someone take an educated wag as to what time on Friday the s gets real East of I-95 in AA Co, please?

LWX graph shows snow starting at 7a. Just trying to figure out if I'm going to be stranded at work and load up on microwave food for 24+ hour shift.

Thx!

Would someone take an educated wag as to what time on Friday the s gets real East of I-95 in AA Co, please?

LWX graph shows snow starting at 7a. Just trying to figure out if I'm going to be stranded at work and load up on microwave food for 24+ hour shift.

Thx!

Euro and gfs about 6 hours apart right now. I'd lean earlier. Roads prob start going downhill fast before noon.

Thx!

I'd start laying the ground work for a sudden cold now.  Tell your boss you have the chills, sniffles and sweats.  

Euro and gfs about 6 hours apart right now. I'd lean earlier. Roads prob start going downhill fast before noon.

good to know. me thinks ill be at home friday. was going to consider coming in for some of the day, but may not chance it. 

Also a little worried that the sun angle is pretty high in late January. Not sure we'll accumulate much in the daytime. Root for the evening start, right? Throw in some warm ground temps from our nuclear warm December.

I'm worried about cars.  more cars means warmer air.  Rain

It's fun to have a modeled snowstorm but the key to remember is that is just modeled at this point. Still a long 3 days before the storm arrives. I think today's runs are key. If we can make it through midday tomorrow with continued model support then I imagine watches go up in the afternoon. Until then my caution flag is still raised pretty high.

Archived