Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter Thread #2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kinda done with parsing ops. We're in wobble mode. They all could be right or wrong but the synoptic progression is tight. Until something groundbreaking happens it seems were in let the chips fall mode 3 days early

hard to go against science.  if the models are showing hits, then gotta buy that over gut feelings when it comes to the weather.  that said...i'm not entirely comfortable with being on the southern edge of the deform band where i'm assuming the better rates will be (though that's pretty normal anyway, i guess).  i still need to see more runs.  still a bit too much wobble for my liking.  just my opinion on that.

I just wish ers would tell us more about the mild ocean and how models are volatile.  

lol i think people latch onto a fear and focus (post) on that, for better or worse.  seems like we have a nice airmass in place going into this, so i'm assuming it won't be like 40 degrees when it starts.

yeah. NYC forum prob cheering it on. can't blame them.

The snowfall gradient to the south is sharp. Mixing and the dry slot are so close this run. Running out of room if there is a northward jump in the models the next couple of days.

hard to go against science. if the models are showing hits, then gotta buy that over gut feelings when it comes to the weather. that said...i'm not entirely comfortable with being on the southern edge of the deform band where i'm assuming the better rates will be (though that's pretty normal anyway, i guess). i still need to see more runs. still a bit too much wobble for my liking. just my opinion on that.

I've said I expected some mixing the last couple days. I walked the line but survived in 09-10 but Feb 14 reminded me what is more normal. And I'm totally fine with that. A nw jack is the easy call. But a very sig storm through the cities is becoming an easier call every 6 hours that goes by.

sort of has a dec 09 feel where, unlike 96 and 03, things really didn't get going until the coastal took over. wonder if the thump might be a little overrated with this and that the deform band is where we get the good stuff.

Huh? According to the GFS, DC gets 16 inches form the front end thump

Archived