Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter Thread #2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No word on getting out of there on Thursday?

Not yet. I should have a tentative reservation tomorrow morning, but I probably won't know about whether I can bail early until sometime on Wednesday.

This is sheer agony. The only thing getting g me through it is the experience of 50" of snow in the December 2009 and first February 2010 storms...but the memory pains me at the same time because I know what it is to experience that ecstasy.

If it begins at 6am, couple with all the media hype, I would bet your office closes Thursday night.

probably, but if that happens I can yank the PTO if I want....Basically I have to strategize...my goal is to do nothing but enjoy snow on Friday...not deal with a flow of emails whether at the office or at home...

probably, but if that happens I can yank the PTO if I want....Basically I have to strategize...my goal is to do nothing but enjoy snow on Friday...not deal with a flow of emails whether at the office or at home...

This is what you dream of every night when you go to sleep. You better take off and enjoy it.

Not yet. I should have a tentative reservation tomorrow morning, but I probably won't know about whether I can bail early until sometime on Wednesday.

This is sheer agony. The only thing getting g me through it is the experience of 50" of snow in the December 2009 and first February 2010 storms...but the memory pains me at the same time because I know what it is to experience that ecstasy.

Dude, I'm sick for you.  There's no way you can miss this.  Feign a death in the family (of a person who is already dead).  I'm so serious.  It's so unscrupulous, but it's a historic storm.  I'd sell one of my kids if I had to.

either way, at least we have a winter storm. Whether its historical or not, it will be fun to finally post observations after we have been tracking this for over a week. This is what it's all about. I enjoy the chase more than the actual event. I think we will all see something pretty spectacular.

either way, at least we have a winter storm. Whether its historical or not, it will be fun to finally post observations after we have been tracking this for over a week. This is what it's all about. I enjoy the chase more than the actual event. I think we will all see something pretty spectacular.

I don't think you understand how this works. At this juncture, folks are going to be pissed if we're not measuring with yardsticks. It's BECS or GTFO.

I don't think you understand how this works. At this juncture, folks are going to be pissed if we're not measuring with yardsticks. It's BECS or GTFO.

Ive been around a while. I know how serious snow is for people. I am pretty sure I understand how things work around here. Nevertheless, it is always fun to watch the models and the comments.

I know where you're coming from, but if we go through all this and somehow produce a "pedestrian" event this weekend this whole thing will have been worthless in my mind. Still great, but an epic waste time, energy, and excitement. I'm into production.

Agree. I have learned to lower my expectations, hence my ability to accept failure is far greater than to accept success when it comes to snow.

Honestly I'm on fired watch for Friday. I'm in Healthcare and we've already been told if we aren't at the hospital we will be let go. Sick days won't be allowed.

Looks like I'll be out of work after this storm, since there's nothing they could say to get me to come in!

Archived