joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread #2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow will start the co-worker know it all convos about the storm based on local news weather reports etc. My least favorite part of snowstorms

"Heard we might get some flurries this week. I reckon it might just be drizzle."

"Oh jeez not snow again! I hope it doesn't snow what a pain I am supposed to be going to the mall Friday!"

Feb 12-13, 2014 worked out.

I remember asking a question in one of the 2/14 shows about how there weren't really modern analogs of a single storm dropping 1'+ from the southern coastal plain all the way through the northeast metropolis. I was told I was over-relying on analogs :) But of course the 1'+ amounts ended up much more limited than initially modeled. And that southern side got a lot more mixed.

Happy early birthday old man :).

Thanks, bro! I never thought I'd live this long or I'd have been more careful!

Happy Birthday to you!  What a week!

Thanks! It's actually tomorrow but I appreciate the wishes and you're right that it should be a great week. I remember when the Blizzard of '79 leveled the area and all the headlines said it was a once in a lifetime storm and compared it to the great Knickerbocker storm. Who knew it was just the start of so many great storms in my lifetime, but it never is enough.

Archived