Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Med/Long Range Discussion

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the consensus around here was that it'd take a while for meaningful change, though I guess this Nino is certainly capable of doing anything.

As for what results, you're right. It's one thing to see pretty colors in the right places on the map. It's another thing to get production.

More like an urban myth.. ;) patterns can change quick.

More like an urban myth.. ;) patterns can change quick.

They can but in this case is pretty surprising considering the monster PV. I don't fully understand the strat/trop connection though. Those that are much more skilled with that stuff were all saying "no blocking for you!" just a few days ago. 

OTOH- we've seen plenty of "quick flips" over the years for better or worse. Let's just hope it isn't transient this time...

They can but in this case is pretty surprising considering the monster PV. I don't fully understand the strat/trop connection though. Those that are much more skilled with that stuff were all saying "no blocking for you!" just a few days ago.

OTOH- we've seen plenty of "quick flips" over the years for better or worse. Let's just hope it isn't transient this time...[/quote

And of course it hasn't happened yet. As fast as it has been modeled doesn't mean the next runs can't be different. Hope not but not out the realm of possible.

OTOH- we've seen plenty of "quick flips" over the years for better or worse. Let's just hope it isn't transient this time...

I've barely looked at anything recently since I'm out of town but it looked like we'd get an -ao for a while to me.. Tho admittedly I thought it would be transient if/when it happens. Then again I have no clue what the models show now except for the snapshots here so this comment of mine is rather useless. :)

I've barely looked at anything recently since I'm out of town but it looked like we'd get an -ao for a while to me.. Tho admittedly I thought it would be transient if/when it happens. Then again I have no clue what the models show now except for the snapshots here so this comment of mine is rather useless. :)

we forgive you....

Its Christmas!!

Will be interesting to see if the Euro add's candy canes or coal to our stockings today.  Despite the outcome, more sensible weather is headed our way and is good enough for now.  Would love to see the "flip" w/ the Nino though, as it would definitely make one wonder as to the magnitude of SSW events and how important a role they play.  

Merry Christmas all.

Nut

12z GEFS continues Christmas with what looks to be a bit of a 50/50 low forming towards the end of the run, per my weenie eyes. Courtesy: WxBell

That's a really good pattern for us to have with a southern stream..we'd probably get a snowstorm out of that, at least in the interior

fantasy range, but that is the best pattern I've seen anyone post so far

Even cold and dry is better than this crap.

I took a close look at the 12z euro ens this evening. Even though the mean look is good, d10-15 is pretty dry. In my brain h5 looks pretty good but the mean slp panels show expansive cold but moderating hp anchored in the middle of the country and not much storminess in our area.

Considering how much change is going on with late range modeling lately, one run doesn't mean much at all. I'm more interested in seeing if a good winter pattern sets in for the balance of Jan and not just a week. My bar for the month of Jan in my yard is 5-6". Seems reasonable.

The PV on the move? Finally? Or not. But we can hope. Lala land.

Once the cold air settles in, you'll have all the snow you'll ever want with the southern stream interaction. Patience, patience!!

quote name="BristowWX" post="3813194" timestamp="1451147926"]Out to 192 on GFS...nation looks seasonably cold and dry. Maybe I am not seeing the hidden potential.

Ok. You paint a pretty picture....I'm standing fast. It does look encouraging.

Archived