• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

My dad just passed away today. And he was one of the reasons why I'm into the weather. He would always get excited whenever we would get hit with a bilzzard. RIP dad I love you and I will continue the family legacy in honor of you.

Hey man very sorry to hear , my condolences .

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not that the board has been invaded by warmth lovers, it's that warmth is the only option for the forseable future. Might as well embrace it. Snow season is going to be short this year. We knew this was likely with the strong Nino.

Well at least before and after Chritsmas it doesn't look so bad - maybe more average but that will feel cold. Unfortunately right now Christmas itself is in a warm surge ahead of the cutter.

My dad just passed away today. And he was one of the reasons why I'm into the weather. He would always get excited whenever we would get hit with a bilzzard. RIP dad I love you and I will continue the family legacy in honor of you.

So sorry to hear that. My wife's brother passed away just last week. With the upcoming holidays it only makes it harder. Hang in there we're here for you. R.I.P.

I would have loved to discuss the 50's and 60's storms with him. While In your sorrow may you and family find peace.

Sorry to hear that. Always enjoy and cherish those memories.

So sorry, man. My prayers are with your family. I hope we get a blizzard for your dad's sake.

Sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family!

I don't know about Orient, but Brookhaven Lab has it at 32.5" so thats a good guess.

This is the long term snow avg at Brookhaven Lab (where Upton is), that includes this past season. I was curious, so I took the last 15 seasons. The avg of those 15 seasons worked out to be 43.88". I found that to be pretty dam impressive.

so sorry about your loss man. May he rest in peace as we are all going to meet him one day together and talk about the blizzards...

Twas the week before Christmas and all through East, the winter was warmest, the HDDs least. The weenies were nestled all snug in their bed, in hopes that the maps would soon not be red. Then suddenly there was more weenie chatter, "Just wait till January for a flip in the pattern" I looked at my map, the teleconnections were the same. I started to chant them, I called them by name. On +WPO, on +EPO, on +ENSO, on strato and snowpack. On +NAO, on -PNA, on +AO, on AAM and stormtrack. As hopes for a white Christmas started fading from sight. Merry TORCHmas to all, and to nat gas, good night!

Archived