joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twas the week before Christmas and all through East, the winter was warmest, the HDDs least. The weenies were nestled all snug in their bed, in hopes that the maps would soon not be red. Then suddenly there was more weenie chatter, "Just wait till January for a flip in the pattern" I looked at my map, the teleconnections were the same. I started to chant them, I called them by name. On +WPO, on +EPO, on +ENSO, on strato and snowpack. On +NAO, on -PNA, on +AO, on AAM and stormtrack. As hopes for a white Christmas started fading from sight. Merry TORCHmas to all, and to nat gas, good night!

:lmao:  Disastrous start for sure, but after the last few years of 50+ inches, even if we get a ratter, I'll be content.   On the plus side, minimal disruptions to schedules, low heating bills, and a good year to buy winter equipment like snow blowers etc (if we're warm the whole way)

:lmao: Disastrous start for sure, but after the last few years of 50+ inches, even if we get a ratter, I'll be content. On the plus side, minimal disruptions to schedules, low heating bills, and a good year to buy winter equipment like snow blowers etc (if we're warm the whole way)

Luckily it is December so even the warmest anomalies +10 or better don't affect us negatively but imagine this perfect storm of warmth being featured during July or August.

That's like taking the 2010 heat and added a few more degrees to the already scorching anomaly. Talk about a disaster.

Luckily it is December so even the warmest anomalies +10 or better don't affect us negatively but imagine this perfect storm of warmth being featured during July or August.

That's like taking the 2010 heat and added a few more degrees to the already scorching anomaly. Talk about a disaster.

you'd have multiple days of 95-100 for sure.  EWR would be 104 or something like that.  Torch city

:lmao: Disastrous start for sure, but after the last few years of 50+ inches, even if we get a ratter, I'll be content. On the plus side, minimal disruptions to schedules, low heating bills, and a good year to buy winter equipment like snow blowers etc (if we're warm the whole way)

I miss out on thousands and thousands of dollars in income. For me it's a nightmare. And I'm not the only one who relies on snow for money.

I don't expect every winter to be 50+ but a complete wiff (never happened) would really hurt my bottom line

I miss out on thousands and thousands of dollars in income. For me it's a nightmare. And I'm not the only one who relies on snow for money.

I don't expect every winter to be 50+ but a complete wiff (never happened) would really hurt my bottom line

You'd be one of the few people here to have an actual reason to be a snow weenie.

Hopefully, things will turn around after this exceptionally warm December. Many winter-and snow-sensitive businesses are hurting right now. A turnaround would be good.

Hopefully, things will turn around after this exceptionally warm December. Many winter-and snow-sensitive businesses are hurting right now. A turnaround would be good.

Exactly. From the ski resorts and local landscaping company's with contracts for parking lots to groundskeepers such as myself.

I'm ok with December. I mentally prepared myslef for this.

If the rest of the winter is a full on snowless torch it's going to hurt big time.

I know deep down sooner or later there is going to be a snowless winter as in zero snow. I just really hope it's after I'm retired

Exactly. From the ski resorts and local landscaping company's with contracts for parking lots to groundskeepers such as myself.

I'm ok with December. I mentally prepared myslef for this.

If the rest of the winter is a full on snowless torch it's going to hurt big time.

I know deep down sooner or later there is going to be a snowless winter as in zero snow. I just really hope it's after I'm retired

We came close in 94-95  97-98, 01-02, 05-06, 11-12.  One storm each of those years saved us from a mostly "plow less" winter.

On a lighter note, at least the weather has been amazing. It is nice not having to leave the house to the cold.

I'm rooting for 70s at this point next week, I want all time records to shatter. Let's get the flowers blooming everywhere.

I agree to a point. Let's burn baby. But let's make this stop asap

On a lighter note, at least the weather has been amazing. It is nice not having to leave the house to the cold.

I'm rooting for 70s at this point next week, I want all time records to shatter. Let's get the flowers blooming everywhere.

Agree-let's shatter it, but then have cold and snow come 1/1/16....LOL

This winter looks like a dud to me, I just hope January is the winner... I wonder what the monthlies are showing for January?

Forky you look like you won man, let me know after the weekend how I can pay you that $50... Remember I'm the amateur and you're the meteorologist... I can take some notes from you from here on... I admit it I'm not that good with weather but I really do love it, like I'm a snow fiend really!

This winter looks like a dud to me, I just hope January is the winner... I wonder what the monthlies are showing for January?

Forky you look like you won man, let me know after the weekend how I can pay you that $50... Remember I'm the amateur and you're the meteorologist... I can take some notes from you from here on... I admit it I'm not that good with weather but I really do love it, like I'm a snow fiend really!

It can snow into April brother. Way too early to call it a dud. December is dead but January and especially February can make it for it.

Are you seriously cancelling winter in mid December? :axe:

Archived