Sign in to follow this  
H2O

June Obs and Daily Disco

Um... upper 90s forecasted next Tuesday at DCA in the LWX zone forecast products... no thanks :axe:

Tuesday

A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny and hot, with a high near 101. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Yeah, no :lol:

Surface winds will probably have more of a westerly component to them during the next advection pulse..downsloping ftw. I think a few 95+ days are a lock based on that and the drier air aloft.

But yeah, 100+ is really pushing it this early. If we can keep the pattern going for another 2-3 weeks, then we might do it eventually.

So glad you surpassed the 90 mark so you fit in more with the rest of us. It's really demoralizing that you live in a good snow and local chase zone, are one of the last to hit 90, you have a pool and a nice view to the west. You really should've taken into consideration OUR feelings before moving there. WTF. :D

I know...what WAS I thinking??

69/68 this morning, soupy

I know...what WAS I thinking??

69/68 this morning, soupy

I know right?  You're lack of consideration has made me consider therapy.

75/70 at work.

Looks like another low 90s day, with slightly higher humidity. RAP is still bonkers, 11z run has most 83-86 at 9:00am. 96 by 12:00pm

Looks like another low 90s day, with slightly higher humidity. RAP is still bonkers, 11z run has most 83-86 at 9:00am. 96 by 12:00pm

RAP seems to be running 3 - 5 degrees too warm with this particular event, IMO.

^^^ could have been worse.... if anyone has checked social media today, knows what i am talking about.

89/74 at home  :sizzle:

cannot wait to go swimming tonight

89/74 at home  :sizzle:

cannot wait to go swimming tonight

Impressive dewpoints along and east of I-83 in Maryland up towards Wilmington, DE.  The heat index values are approaching headline criteria in northeast MD.

Seems like an awful lot of activity popping on the radar to the west for it still not even being mid-afternoon. Not expecting severe weather, but it seems likely that some thunderstorm activity will impact some of area come late afternoon.

HI near 100 in many places, including 103 in the High-Biased Dew Point observing station of KMTN east of Baltimore. 91/74 here.

HI near 100 in many places, including 103 in the High-Biased Dew Point observing station of KMTN east of Baltimore. 91/74 here.

At first glance I thought the KMTN reading was off with the dewpoint, but several nearby CWOP stations have dew point readings in the 75 - 77 degree range.  

At first glance I thought the KMTN reading was off with the dewpoint, but several nearby CWOP stations have dew point readings in the 75 - 77 degree range.

Its also keeping temperatures out of the Mid 90s over here