• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Obs and Daily Disco

H2O

Amazing view of the sun tonight. Due to the smoke it was a perfect pink disc that wasn't uncomfortable to look at, I hope someone with a nice camera got good pics.

Incredible. I stopped to get a shot, but unfortunately all I had was my iPhone. Didnt do it justice, so i wont post it. Hopefully someone got a good shot.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It almost looks like it should be really hot and humid. It has that look, just not the feel, yet. I wonder if it will keep us a degree or two cooler.

Did u guys get any of the Siberian smoke back in April? We got plenty in Elko. And my mind kept thinking that it must be a hot July or August day because that was when Elko usually got smoked in.

Did u guys get any of the Siberian smoke back in April? We got plenty in Elko. And my mind kept thinking that it must be a hot July or August day because that was when Elko usually got smoked in.

I don't think we did. Last July we had it for a couple days. It was weird looking. I kept trying to figure out what it was. The first day of it, it was a cool, low humidity day. It looked like it was hazy, hot and humid.

I don't think we did. Last July we had it for a couple days. It was weird looking. I kept trying to figure out what it was. The first day of it, it was a cool, low humidity day. It looked like it was hazy, hot and humid.

Pics I took of the Siberian smoke in April.

Clear day: http://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2015-04-27_10_03_50_View_of_the_Ruby_Mountains_from_milepost_320_on_Interstate_80_in_Elko_County,_Nevada.jpg

Smokey day: http://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2015-04-21_12_06_34_View_south_from_Interstate_80_near_milepost_319_towards_the_Ruby_Mountains_of_Elko_County,_Nevada_during_an_episode_of_Siberian_smoke.jpg

Ha. We're seeing about the same thing here in Central Virginia. The Blue Ridge Mountains are about 20 miles from this vantage point in Charlottesville and you can't even see their outline due to the smoke/haze. Feels really odd that it's only in the lower 80s right now with this much haze. Then again, that's mainly due to the smoke/haze. 

post-1807-0-20883200-1433967117_thumb.jppost-1807-0-04760900-1433967123_thumb.jp

I know our reputation for heat is made of gold, but I'm not sure we're that good tomorrow :P

I remember back in 2011 and 2012 we had several days that hit 95+ by 11AM. A few of those afternoons reached ~105..actually buckled pavement on Germantown Rd.

We're lucky it's only early/mid June..if this pattern continues into mid-July, we're in trouble.

It's hard for us all to cope with the fact that outside of Jon you live in the best weather spot in the entire region lol

I'm sorry to hear that where i chose to live, and the weather i get, is having that much of an impact on the rest of you all. 

I'm sorry to hear that where i chose to live, and the weather i get, is having that much of an impact on the rest of you all. 

Where you choose to live and the weather you get there certainly has zero impact on me. Kinda doubt anyone else here really cares either. Sad if it does. People can always move.

Archived