CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
June Obs and Daily Disco

H2O

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty much the same here, only I would extend it into May....and yes my heat was on the last few days too.

me too    :oldman:

but I have an auto thermostat that automatically switches between heat and a/c, so it is set and forget....not that it's that hard for me to forget anything any more   :(

Very warm and uncomfortable, especially after the last week.

People have the right to keep their houses any temperature they desire, but I'll add my $.02 regarding heat in June.... I don't care if the temp is 0F and there is a 1/2 mile thick glacier covering the Shenandoah Valley; I will NEVER, EVER  turn on my heat past May 15.  We all have our principles, and that is my line in the sand.... as long as the wife agrees, of course.

People have the right to keep their houses any temperature they desire, but I'll add my $.02 regarding heat in June.... I don't care if the temp is 0F and there is a 1/2 mile thick glacier covering the Shenandoah Valley; I will NEVER, EVER  turn on my heat past May 15.  We all have our principles, and that is my line in the sand.... as long as the wife agrees, of course.

last week was exceptionally cool for June

if last week had come the first or second week of September, I suspect most people would have put on their heat simply because it would have felt so much cooler, but that's just a hunch

I keep my heat at 70 and a/c at 73 and don't worry about it anymore w/the auto thermostat

I got a new heat pump system last year and last month's electric was $182 (and I have no gas or oil bills), so I'm pretty happy with that for a 4 BR, 2 1/2BA house and considering our rates

People have the right to keep their houses any temperature they desire, but I'll add my $.02 regarding heat in June.... I don't care if the temp is 0F and there is a 1/2 mile thick glacier covering the Shenandoah Valley; I will NEVER, EVER turn on my heat past May 15. We all have our principles, and that is my line in the sand.... as long as the wife agrees, of course.

LOLA at that last line. The wives always determine just how deep those lines in the sand are.

Looks like the next two days might be the nicest we'll see in awhile. Bias-corrected GEFS, EPS, NAEFS, and GGEM ensembles all keep the big ridge over us indefinitely.

I think transient backdoor action might be our only hope over the next few weeks. Maybe we can quiet the IO forcing sometime in late June or early July?

Maybe? 

THIS TYPE OF PATTERN IS ONE THAT MAY BE CONDUCIVE TO ORGANIZED

CLUSTERS OF THUNDERSTORMS THAT DEVELOP BETWEEN THE RIDGE TO THE
SOUTH AND THE STRONGER WESTERLIES TO THE NORTH...BUT THE TIMING OR
DEVELOPMENT OF ANY SUCH SYSTEMS WOULD BE DEPENDENT ON PRIOR DAYS`
CONVECTION AND SMALL MID-LEVEL WAVES THAT ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO
PINPOINT THIS FAR IN ADVANCE.

From this afternoon's AFD from LWX

Archived