June Obs and Daily Disco

H2O

Winter:

Daytime - 63F (when we're not home)

Night -  66F

Summer:

Day - 78F (when we're not home)

Night - 72 - 73F 

I'd go lower in winter if I were single.  When I was single I'd go 55F during the day and 58F when I was home.  Great sleeping temp.  If I were not energy-conscious (and married) I'd go lower in the summer too.

In my last apartment before married life, I had a 3rd out of 3 floor apartment.  I never turned the AC or heat on for the two years I lived there.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winter:

Daytime - 63F (when we're not home)

Night -  66F

Summer:

Day - 78F (when we're not home)

Night - 72 - 73F 

I'd go lower in winter if I were single.  When I was single I'd go 55F during the day and 58F when I was home.  Great sleeping temp.  If I were not energy-conscious (and married) I'd go lower in the summer too.

Winter- wood stove so that takes care of things, but therm for the furnace set at 60 as a back-up.

Summer A/C set at 73-75 in day and 68-70 at night

In my last apartment before married life, I had a 3rd out of 3 floor apartment.  I never turned the AC or heat on for the two years I lived there.

Son in Colorado is same, I was there in late Dec and he had the patio door cracked open....and it was warm in there with the heat completely off and 20 degrees outside. He has no A/C. I told him he'd likely have to get a window unit this year. He didn't move out there until late July last year.....we shall see.

Winter- wood stove so that takes care of things, but therm for the furnace set at 60 as a back-up.

Summer A/C set at 73-75 in day and 68-70 at night

Woodstove is key. Produces all the heat you want. Sometimes I even have to crack a window lol. I saved about 1800 bucks last winter. The wood I get for free.

Son in Colorado is same, I was there in late Dec and he had the patio door cracked open....and it was warm in there with the heat completely off and 20 degrees outside. He has no A/C. I told him he'd likely have to get a window unit this year. He didn't move out there until late July last year.....we shall see.

I never lived in a house with AC the whole time i was out there. It's in the 40's-50's every single night. Frost in common in any summer month. Even when it hits 80-85, it's only for the mid afternoon hours and drops quick to "chilly" shortly after the sun drops behind the ranges.

I never lived in a house with AC the whole time i was out there. It's in the 40's-50's every single night. Frost in common in any summer month. Even when it hits 80-85, it's only for the mid afternoon hours and drops quick to "chilly" shortly after the sun drops behind the ranges.

What altitude did you live at?

That sounds exactly like the place for me.

Before I bought my first place, I lived top floor in a 3-story building also.  Rarely ever turned on the heat.  Also broke my ankle a week after I moved in, so 6 weeks on crutches going up & down 3 flights of stairs was fun.

This weather may save all of the burning lawns in my hood.

Colorado weather is fun for 4 months. Otherwise mainly a desert the remaining 8 months. Beautiful and great place to live easy.

we crush colorado as far as distinct seasons is concerned.  i loved my time out there, but it was actually more brown there than i thought it would be and not nearly the amount of variety that we get as far as greenery, insects, etc.  spring through fall here are basically top notch in my book.

winter is the season that i think is just too long here.  for the little bit of snow we average, i don't feel like the 3-4 months of chilly/cold is worth it.  i'd prefer it to be 1-2 months long.  if we could fit our average snow in a smaller timeframe, i think that would be perfect.

Moved there for about a few months, considering moving to CO for good.  Saw 8" of snow in May.

CO is every weather enthusiasts dream it seems... Also came back with a heavy smoking habit.

i kinda disagree.  i think colorado is a skier/mountain biker/hiker's dream, but i found the weather there to be pretty boring compared to here, minus the tornados in eastern colorado (which i did not visit).  the mountains average more precip, but i think the draw to colorado is the lack of weather aka sunny days.

we crush colorado as far as distinct seasons is concerned.  i loved my time out there, but it was actually more brown there than i thought it would be and not nearly the amount of variety that we get as far as greenery, insects, etc.  spring through fall here are basically top notch in my book.

winter is the season that i think is just too long here.  for the little bit of snow we average, i don't feel like the 3-4 months of chilly/cold is worth it.  i'd prefer it to be 1-2 months long.  if we could fit our average snow in a smaller timeframe, i think that would be perfect.

That was what it was like before 13/14/15 rolled in. Even 2014-2015 had a warm December.

In any other season than summer, I'd agree with you. But this in June is AWESOME!

58F and cloudy. 2nd day in a row w/o sun. and my grass is loving it.

I'm with you on the cooler weather, but I at least want sun and 70's in June. This easterly flow regime is just dreary and worthy of March/April not June 3rd.

That was what it was like before 13/14/15 rolled in. Even 2014-2015 had a warm December.

i definitely do not recall december being warm here.  at the very least, with all the clouds and wind we had, it felt chilly.  the last 2 winters were each 4 months long in my opinion.

Archived