joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Obs and Daily Disco

H2O

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could use a dose of Bob Chill optimism right about now.

Something came up and weather has taken a back seat. Looks like the next couple days are the only really bad ones through next week unless things change. Next week looks tame. Sucks that the front earlier this week didn't have the oomph to get us into a better airmass but tue-wed were really nice days overall. But it's June and it gets increasingly hard to get fronts to push as we go forward. Nothing extreme on the horizon from what I can see.

If you're looking for highs in the 70's then you should probably just close the blinds.

Is this board going to consist of endless complaints about summer heat all summer long? I hope not.

We don't break character around here. Ever. The usual suspects will do what they do best.

I personally don't see the point about complaining about heat and humidity. It's plentiful and unavoidable around here. Unlike snow most years. Just wait until we end up near normal snowfall and slightly above normal temps this winter. It will be coined a complete disaster. Especially now that we got repaid for the abysmal 2011-13 stretch.

Second crack at it:

.LONG TERM /FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY/...

WE`RE AT A TIME OF YR WHERE ONE OF THE THINGS I LOOK FOR IN THE

XTND CHARTS ARE INDICATIONS THAT THE PERSISTENT BERMUDA HIGH/UPR

LVL RDG WL BE CONTROLLING THE MID ATLC WX FOR AN XTND PD OF TIME.

AT THE MOMENT THIS PATTERN DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE DVLPG. FOR THE

TIME BEING THERE IS STILL A DEGREE OF MVMNT TO THE UPR LVL PATTERN

- SORT OF A HIGH ZNL FLOW W/ EMBEDDED SHORT WVS. WHAT THIS MEANS

TEMPWISE IS THAT WHILE IT WL BE SEASONABLY WARM IT SHOULDN`T BE

OPPRESSIVELY HOT.

That's a little better.  Thanks!

Something came up and weather has taken a back seat. Looks like the next couple days are the only really bad ones through next week unless things change. Next week looks tame. Sucks that the front earlier this week didn't have the oomph to get us into a better airmass but tue-wed were really nice days overall. But it's June and it gets increasingly hard to get fronts to push as we go forward. Nothing extreme on the horizon from what I can see.

If you're looking for highs in the 70's then you should probably just close the blinds.

Lol.  If I could; I'd hibernate until fall.

Hope that whatever came up was nothing serious.

Just FWIW, I don't see any signs of a sustained cooldown. If anything, most of the ensemble suites (EPS in particular) look warmer in the longer ranges. At least it's early/mid June and not mid/late July.

Strong signals on the 5-10/11-15 day EPS:

800.jpg

800.jpg

Its a warm pattern. Nothing brutal. Its June. We are the Mid Atlantic. Heat time.

Doing the heat in suits is tough. I'm starting to wear weather appropriate stuff to the office and then change there.

This is what I do! I wear a polo and dressy shorts to work and change there. Then again, when you forget your suit pants at home and have to be on air... Well, at least the cameras move! LOL! 

This is what I do! I wear a polo and dressy shorts to work and change there. Then again, when you forget your suit pants at home and have to be on air... Well, at least the cameras move! LOL! 

No wonder your co-anchors were rolling the other day :).

Doing the heat in suits is tough. I'm starting to wear weather appropriate stuff to the office and then change there.

Funny you mention that. I said to my co-worker that we should've worse shirts and t-shirts and changed in the bathroom. Not sure that would've gone over well had my boss seen me prior to changing.

At least it's not windy today. That was a hot topic in the complaint dept last winter. I hope it's deal calm tomorrow too. Wind is the worst.

Wind is second only to heat in weather we overachieve at. If its gonna be hot, might as well have some wind and make it a blowtorch.

Archived