SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Obs and Daily Disco

H2O

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. Mostly been missed this month. Need as much rain as possible in summer.

While I've gotten lucky over the past five days - picking up well over an inch total - I'm completely with you.  Unless I've already been deluged, I don't want to miss any opportunity for rain if we know the heat is on.

it's humid out, no question about that, but very, very doable.  the only part of this mini heat wave that was tough was friday.  the rest has not affected my outdoor activities in any way except for the end of my softball game yesterday in which they played on while it was storming.  yes, i was holding an aluminum bat during a storm...i swung at the first pitch, just to get the bat out of my hands lol.

it's humid out, no question about that, but very, very doable.  the only part of this mini heat wave that was tough was friday.  the rest has not affected my outdoor activities in any way except for the end of my softball game yesterday in which they played on while it was storming.  yes, i was holding an aluminum bat during a storm...i swung at the first pitch, just to get the bat out of my hands lol.

Homer Simpson would have covered himself with a piece of sheet metal and run for cover under the tallest tree he could find.

Guidance is really cranking up the heat next week. The GEFS, NAEFS, and EPS are all suggesting a more legitimate ridge/heatwave may be in store next Monday-Thursday as the EPO/AK ridge regresses towards the GOA, which would fit the transition of tropical forcing from the IO into the WPAC/Indonesian domain.

You've done nothing but spooge about projected heat since your "ice*******" remark.

To each their own, I suppose.

You've done nothing but spooge about projected heat since your "ice*******" remark.

To each their own, I suppose.

That's a bit of a stretch. I'm definitely not a heat miser, but the numbers are decent thus far.

The last six days aggregated are running approximately +8.5 areawide, and DCA is now has twelve 90+ days on the year, which is 2nd to 1991 for the most so early in the season. So, it's been pretty hot for early/mid June, despite the lack of extreme heat.

That doesn't mean I personally enjoy it.

That's a bit of a stretch. I'm definitely not a heat miser, but the numbers are decent thus far.

The last six days aggregated are running approximately +8.5 areawide, and DCA is now has twelve 90+ days on the year, which is 2nd to 1991 for the most so early in the season. So, it's been pretty hot for early/mid June, despite the lack of extreme heat.

That doesn't mean I personally enjoy it.

it's been above average.  i don't need to look at stats to know that, but i'm loving it.  i think my new favorite thing is above average temps in april and may.  you can add june to the list as well.  july/august can stay average, though.

Nice little cell going up just SW of Frederick.  Probably a quick pulser but would still be a nice soaker is you're underneath it.

Quickly got up to around 40kft. Don't see a hail marker on it anymore, though. Might cycle back up perhaps. I don't see outflow from it yet. Shear is weak as usual around here but 20-25kts might be enough to maintain it for a bit. Also it's in a high CAPE area.

Archived