Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
June Obs and Daily Disco

H2O

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the span of about 5 min. we went from 95% clear to 99% cloudy.  I guess we busted the cap.  No rain, there is a bit of breeze blowing now and it has cooled a bit.  Much better out atm.  

The 12z RAOB from IAD shows a convective temp of 90.  Shame we have to waste a good air mass on another fail.

88/72 in Gaithersburg.

I think LWX said they issued that because it was the first time we were going to see HIs at 100. They didn't want people to be caught off guard. Heh, we're torching today though.

Yeah that's probably it but still kind of hard to explain. Of course it's cloudy now so it might negate HI the rest of the day.

Mighty good question!

The breezes aren't helping. The word suffocating comes to mind.

Why does everywhere around us have an advisory of sorts, and we don't?

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.  I feel empty inside because we aren't in a HWO.

00z guidance tonight really reinforcing the idea of some of the earlier guidance today of a significant MCS sweeping through the area early Thursday

18z NAM has it moving through south of us it would appear looking at the radar reflectivity early Thurs morning...

18z GFS has it plowing right through us I would assume looking at this -- http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?image=data%2Fgfs%2F18%2Fgfs_namer_033_10m_wnd_precip.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&storm=&cycle=18&param=10m_wnd_precip&fhr=033&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=M&ps=area&use_mins=no&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20150616+18+UTC&scrollx=0&scrolly=0

18z 4KM NAM has it coming through Wed night also looking at radar reflectivity...

Not a drop again today, but at least the dying storms produced clouds.  There was some down drafting amd evap cooling; it was actually kind of nice here this evening.  I ended up picking the perfect day to mow.  It was a torch to start the day, but the afternoon here wasn't so bad.  Seems like a boundary passed, because the winds shifted to the W/NW, the haze really dropped, and visibility was pretty good.  Skies were a bright blue.  It's almost as cool right now as the low last night. 

18z NAM has it moving through south of us it would appear looking at the radar reflectivity early Thurs morning...

18z GFS has it plowing right through us I would assume looking at this -- http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?image=data%2Fgfs%2F18%2Fgfs_namer_033_10m_wnd_precip.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&storm=&cycle=18&param=10m_wnd_precip&fhr=033&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=M&ps=area&use_mins=no&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20150616+18+UTC&scrollx=0&scrolly=0

18z 4KM NAM has it coming through Wed night also looking at radar reflectivity...

00z NAM still has it south of us... maybe reaches EZF

Archived