• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 5th Storm Obs/Nowcasting

nj2va

25 out. Snow picked up again. Just did our first clear off of the drive. Took out my non-scientific snow stick and took a few measurements. I got an average out to 6". Driveway is already completely covered again.  Y

Good,  my eyeballing was low. 8-10" looks within reach.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Needbiggerboat: You must live on a mountain in Centreville unknown to me! Consistently more than me. And it is not methlab exhaust.

Also, those returns to our SW might not make it in here. They are moving NE but the overall precip shield is slumping south, so they could just skirt to our south.

Early Afternoon discussion

The pacific flow is ending but some gulf flow does appear to be entering. Back edge has raced thru Kentucky over last 4 hours and if that progression is unchanged then snow would end between 5-6pm but I believe that progression will be slowed.  The north edge of the precip is showing very little southward progression, a baro of 30.30, which begins suppression around DC, is currently located in east central ohio so not concerend about that charging into DC. For now I will maintain my idea that accumulating snow will not end in DC before 10pm.

It would be awesome if you're right but I just don't see it, back edge is through moorefield and Winchester looks to be done relatively soon as well.

It's puking small flakes. I don't think these types of flakes will show yellows on radar and I could care less. Keep this up please. 

It's puking small flakes. I don't think these types of flakes will show yellows on radar and I could care less. Keep this up please. 

Exactly--- visibility is the lowest it's been all day. 

It would be awesome if you're right but I just don't see it, back edge is through moorefield and Winchester looks to be done relatively soon as well.

Yeah Im not seeing it either....every piece of guidance has it ending around 00Z and its racing pretty good...it will be nice for the next 3-4 hours but I dont know where the 10PM stuff is coming from.

If it wasn't for the total freak show vet day storm, 87-88 would have been a statistical disaster. 

yeah true. tho i guess if we're soakin in a march snow bomb we shouldn't parse too much. ;)

Archived