Newest Member
    joxey
March 5th Storm Obs/Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clarksburg, MD   @ 1:38 PM Snow 6.2"  Temp 24

I'll have to use you at my measurement as I am not in Clarksburg this afternoon.  Can you PM me your total when it stops?  Out towards Barnesville (where I am), it's nearly whiteout conditions.  Beautiful.  Horrible day for a funeral though...

Dumping small flakes right now. Radar looks interesting with that super heavy returns almost bowing around DC. Road has been covered since close to the start.

Probably around 4.5 inches here. 

I'm pretty sure the radar is representing flake types more than rates. The yellows are in the warmer air. 

A wind blasted fog of snow. Actually drifting nicely. My PWS temp is down to 27.3 but the local wx bugs are lower. They can't be right. Certainly 2 inch an hour stuff falling now. Reminds me of my days at Oswego with 1/8th of a mile visibility and snow fog. Awesome stuff!!!!

I'm pretty sure the radar is representing flake types more than rates. The yellows are in the warmer air. 

That would make a lot of sense and explain the shape of the returns on radar. Just saw your post over in the long range thread - wow....backloaded winter for sure. 

I'll have to use you at my measurement as I am not in Clarksburg this afternoon. Can you PM me your total when it stops? Out towards Barnesville (where I am), it's nearly whiteout conditions. Beautiful. Horrible day for a funeral though...

Sorry to hear about the funeral. I was supposed to be at a funeral also in Pikesville but didn't chance it.

Archived