• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

Still wild here in Scituate. Homes inundated and blizzard conditions persisting! Power lines are down and most have evacuated here along ocean drive. Huge waves over topping seawall, as well. Travel ban is in effect and shelters are opened as a result of the aforementioned.

Probably unable to make another post tonight. Hope all of you are doing well. Have a blessed night!

yikes stay safe

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still wild here in Scituate. Homes inundated and blizzard conditions persisting! Power lines are down and most have evacuated here along ocean drive. Huge waves over topping seawall, as well. Travel ban is in effect and shelters are opened as a result of the aforementioned.

Probably unable to make another post tonight. Hope all of you are doing well. Have a blessed night!

Hope the trip was well worth it. Epic conditions along the coast.

Congrats, Ray. Does this mean you'll be putting on a shirt now? I was reading the thread in my classroom yesterday and forgot to close the tab when a class came in. One of my middle schoolers said, "Why is there a naked guy on your computer?" Awkward! I tried to explain about the toaster, to no avail.

It was fun reading your comments overnight last night while watching the show on radar.

:lol:

This one seems worse bit the other 2 were on weekends greatly minimizing the impact.

Gotcha, thanks. I was just going by wind speeds, which in this one was much lower than the other two for Boston. But, I forgot that those others were weekend storms. And PDII of course ended on a holiday, making cleanup pretty easy. 

That's conservative, probably 16 actually. My neighbor is arguing that it is 18. 4 inches when back from morning walk, shoveled then 6 more by 2, then 6 more from 2-5. There were some enhanced echoes over north Merrimack this morn. Take a ride down 127 to the Salisbury Webster line.

lol what? 15"?

My melted core matched Salisbury this afternoon. The Salisbury COOP only has 0.71" in the gauge.

I may average more snow than most of you SNE'ers, but man...you guys know how to go big. 20"+ has been nothing for you guys the past few years.

Spending the last 4 years in Plymouth was great, snow retention was epic. But moreso than your area, it was absolute hell getting over 11 inches. That was the magic number, we had tons of great moderate events. But all the biggies absolutely failed.

Archived