Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last I was able to measure was 25", only one inch short of my nemo total. I think I may actually have a bit more than that, but I really can't be sure lol. Still snowing lightly, freaking awesome storm. Having the heaviest stuff fall during daylight was a major plus. Classes canceled tomorrow already.

I bested Nemo and so did a ton of others. Man the snow hole SECT got smoked.

Ill end up around 10" beyond NEMO. I had 24 in that storm and I'm hovering around 33 or so right now. I can't get a measure because all my sticks maxed out at 32 and they are all gone at this point. So I'll wait until an official spotter reports on our town. I also wasn't sweeping - but my counts were coming in right with the official number.

Here's hoping I don't see those sticks again until May :)

The cape is going to have incredible amounts. That N Falmouth number seems real low.

I can only guess based on nearby until I can get a comfortable walk in protected areas, 24-36" is believably in any of these areas that have been in this banding today down here. 

Btw, wanted to make a special point of thanking you for your superlative model/real-time trend analysis in the wee hours this morning. Really was fascinating reading. 

:snowing:     All in good fun...  I would have bet against this all day snow today down here based on the RGEM...got to know when to jump off the winning train (RGEM blew it today), Scott, Will and the other pros just know so much more. 

To me, this rivals Nemo ORH to Ginx on east.

Wind wise here greater than 05.  Snow wise - similar?  We'll see the rest of the  night.  Impact of snow was lower - better prep, an the snow gave us some breaks so road crews didn't get completely behind.   I'd rank this the #3 storm of my life at this point.

The eastern Barnstable numbers in the PNS are quite a bit lower. Didn't he say he was measuring from inside?

They're wrong, it's impossible to measure.  I mean if the average depth is 20" but you have 90" drifts...the snow came from somewhere.

27"

Ties NEMO

Congrats, Ray. Does this mean you'll be putting on a shirt now? I was reading the thread in my classroom yesterday and forgot to close the tab when a class came in. One of my middle schoolers said, "Why is there a naked guy on your computer?" Awkward! I tried to explain about the toaster, to no avail.

It was fun reading your comments overnight last night while watching the show on radar.

Ill end up around 10" beyond NEMO. I had 24 in that storm and I'm hovering around 33 or so right now. I can't get a measure because all my sticks maxed out at 32 and they are all gone at this point. So I'll wait until an official spotter reports on our town. I also wasn't sweeping - but my counts were coming in right with the official number.

Here's hoping I don't see those sticks again until May :)

I "think" I heard a report of 35.7" in Westford. Not sure if it was an official report. Anyway, Congrats! I too exceeded Nemo by 6" so far.

Archived