joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ORH Airport had 31.0" at 3 pm, given that it appears that last bad has pivoted E of them it looks like they will fall just short. Getting heavy show again in this band.

I just measured 31.5 at my place. I do see that the band is just E of ORH now. So unless ORH comes under another band I don't see how it touches 3 feet, or even break the all-time record. 

About the same for me, Brian.  Surprising how little wind, the white pines are covered and at 8F out you know any breeze would clean them right off.

Plenty of wind here...gusts probably over 30mph.

That cold, dry air is working in to the low levels. 10F and 84% RH right now...so the decent snow growth is starting to feel the effects. We'll see what happens as that band moves overhead.

Man...I don't know how you guys measure in this stuff all the time. I was out there for 20 mins and it drove me crazy trying to come up with a number.

N side of house...7-8"

S side of house...10-11"

I assume it's somehwere in the middle around 8-9". That band moving toward LCI looks appetizing.

Sounds like my yard, I'm going to say 8" because my deepest was 10"

That's what I was thinking but I just zoomed out and watched as far back as I could. It looks like it was breaking apart but now there is a signal over western MA.

Yup there it is

That's the surprises I was alluding to when you see such a gigantic swath of moisture rotate into practically all of Maine  (the 950-850 low that scooter mentioned) then hit the death band and rotate into and over the mountains..and then go West and sprinkle down to who knows where (wmass?)

The radar also looks to be filling in boston harbor and off of PSM,NH as it backs west one final time

I haven't been keeping up with the forum today, so apologies if this has already been posted but I just wanted to point out the 36-48 zone on the NH/MA border. I've never seen that before ... wow! Great storm in Portland. I took a 4-mile snowshoe trek this morning. 1/8 mile vis, 39mph winds, wc below 0F ... good times!

StormTotalSnowFcst-8_zpsurwugctp.png

Archived