• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

Except pd2 which was too high and the now record. Embarrassing that storm shoved 78 aside.

They had to justify the total after inquiries... it was the ultimate 6-hr method inflation with the final snow depth significantly lower than 28". But everyone knows that 78, if measured the same way, would have cleared PD2 easily. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may average more snow than most of you SNE'ers, but man...you guys know how to go big. 20"+ has been nothing for you guys the past few years.

I counted today and realized that Boston has had a legitimate shot at hitting its single storm record on average once every three years (!) since 2000. Even 3/01 originally looked to challenge 2/78, and the NW suburbs still easily cleared 20". 

Guys, I was at 13-14" at 300am EST this morning, so yes I was eyeballing it because the drifts are so insane I can't get an accurate measurement.  There is one foot in spots, there is 4 feet in spots.  The winds were really brutal and still are currently, almost zero visibility all day today.  SO I think we are around 31-32" now, and that spotter is likely wrong.  I measured with a ruler until I measured 24" and then I couldn't measure anymore with a ruler.

This is really becoming a meaner version of 2005.  These bands just won't stop. 

This will be the new storm by which all others are measured on Cape Cod.

28" on the Vineyard on the same storm as 30" in Worcester and Boston.  You don't EVER SEE THAT.

I was thinking about that today.

This storm took the absolute perfect track for e MA.

There are definitely mesovorts rotating around that beast. Watched one come southwest from the GOM across Boston and is currently NE of,me. I had one today, the wind totally dropped, then a mega wind burst followed by whiteout conditions. You can see them on infrared as well as radar. I like this storm more and more. Can't imagine the damage the coast would have taken had the tides beer astro high

Okay time to turn off the snow...these bands just won't end and I'm out of strength to shovel.

Much wider band than 2005...and more impressive. Just won't die.

What's your total now? And what did you get in 2005?

I had 28" in Wareham in 2005, and I'm guessing they have more than that with this storm.

22-24" here in Acushnet..not too shabby but just missed out on a few bands earlier this morning that cut down on totals a bit.

Archived