joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How has Logan recorded less than 3" since 1PM?? Makes no sense.

Anyhow, congrats on the blockbuster guys! Incredible totals, though it seems like you guys do this annually now  :lol:

It was nerve-wracking to predict/follow this one back in NYC and it did not work out for us too well.. I'll take the 8" though

It gets said constantly but Logan may be the worst place in the city of Boston to have your official station. Middle of the harbor,  coolest location in the summer and warmest in the winter.  

Invest and put a monitoring station on Boston common for Christ sake.

I have literally been inside about 10 miles or less inside the western edge of the band for at least 4 hours now.  I keep thinking at some point, it's going to clear us and continue east, but so far, it just keeps holding on.  I'm about 2 miles northeast of the 93/495 intersection in Andover.  At this point, it's really getting kind of absurd. 

Yup, I'm west of Ray and probably 10 miles west of you, and all I've had is flurries in the past hour. Maybe another 0.1" by the looks of it.

Sidewalks are easy to clear here. Not much work. But the cars on the street is another story. Takes god damn forever as any past city res would know. I'm thinking about starting to dig out my car but it's extremely buried. Going to be a lot of work. I told Dad to pay the kid next door for the other cars if he could LOL. After this neck surgery I haven't had the same level of energy and the cold seems to cut right through me. Not sure why.

Sidewalks are easy to clear here. Not much work. But the cars on the street is another story. Takes god damn forever as any past city res would know. I'm thinking about starting to dig out my car but it's extremely buried. Going to be a lot of work. I told Dad to pay the kid next door for the other cars if he could LOL. After this neck surgery I haven't had the same level of energy and the cold seems to cut right through me. Not sure why.

yea no, don't

one of these times Pickles over in an hour posts will be dead nuts lol

funny guy, I posted once at 623, I am stupefied that the bands have hung on so far SW

another weenie band is drifting on to you and garth's fannies in 15 minutes.

That stuff in Maine looked like it was gonna stop moving sw down the coast and sort of pivot 2 hours ago....yet it still gets pushed SW like it being compressed, interesting.

SO many places got CRUSHED today, I mean many areas right now are over 30 and approaching 35+ (and some are)

Yup, I'm west of Ray and probably 10 miles west of you, and all I've had is flurries in the past hour. Maybe another 0.1" by the looks of it.

Actually seems like it's pushing back out a little further west toward you in the last half hour or so.  

Actually seems like it's pushing back out a little further west toward you in the last half hour or so.  

if you loop box radar

You can see up toward PSM/NH what's left of the Mega band from Maine that now has that Compressed look to it....it was just pushed SW down the coast relentlessly ....earlier on the Maine radar loop you could see (they remained mostly offshore) but looked like these low level weak wavy returns "pilling" W and SW pushing the band

I'm speechless.

And jealous...from a NYC vs BOS perspective, this and 2/13 (where I had 10 and 12, respectively) make up for the two NE shafteroos in Feb 2010 and Boxing Day, IMO.

Boxing Day was great in the NYC area but Boston proper got clobbered as well with 18-20. I think BOS got 18.9? Metrowest got shafted.

Archived