Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

There's so much snow. I can't believe how much fell in last few hours

Clinch, how much do you think fell at your location since noon?

Looking at radar it would look like you were over 2/hr for a good time? easily ....

I mean Yarmouth had 2 feet over 6 hours ago, and it's been dumping for 6hrs there...and really all up and down the cape is similar. Pym had 2 feet at 1pm and its just nuking there

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive only posted 9 times since last year but today I posted 3 times about the storm pivoting west. Because I don't know how to really interpret "weather models" I watched the satellite inferred and could see that the storm was indeed east but still retrowhatever or pivoting west.  Since my three posts about westward banding, ive read the word "west" probably 100 times and alas!! things sort of went west! Ive always believed a home crowd can affect the out come of a game and maybe...just maybe, so can those who believe in the power of snow....Last night I was watching weather men/woman continue to forecast snowfall amounts simultaneously with future cast maps that completely contradicted their predicted snowfall amounts.  This storm, in retrospect, is impossible to predict accurately and could have ended up being 10 different outcomes.

I'm well aware.

This isn't me vs Boston, it's me vs this subforum... And me won Boxing Day.

Don't forget storms like 12/30/00 and 2/25/10 as well. :P

Besides December 2003, the rest of that season was almost entirely focused on the NYC area.

But just in general it's a lot easier for BOS to snow than NYC-all the SW flow events where it's sleet, rain or slop in NYC while BOS thumps, late developers like these, miller A's that they can cash in on; there's a reason why BOS has about 160% of NYC's average. Regardless, NYC has had a great run the last 15 years, the occasional stinker notwithstanding.

ive only posted 9 times since last year but today I posted 3 times about the storm pivoting west. Because I don't know how to really interpret "weather models" I watched the satellite inferred and could see that the storm was indeed east but still retrowhatever or pivoting west.  Since my three posts about westward banding, ive read the word "west" probably 100 times and alas!! things sort of went west! Ive always believed a home crowd can affect the out come of a game and maybe...just maybe, so can those who believe in the power of snow....Last night I was watching weather men/woman continue to forecast snowfall amounts simultaneously with future cast maps that completely contradicted their predicted snowfall amounts.  This storm, in retrospect, is impossible to predict accurately and could have ended up being 10 different outcomes.

:weenie:  :weenie:  :weenie:

good call on pivoting west, home team won

well if there was 24 at 1:10 pm in PYM  ....so 30" plus what eva fell between 1 and 7...any idea lol

PYM is massive and I have no idea where the observer is but probably up by exit 5 or north as they normally say "south Plymouth" otherwise.

If they were in west Plymouth they could have missed most of the banding this evening.

I'm curious about reports from Sandwich - they usually have NWS employee reports.

Archived