• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

Peabody can you take any Pics (even with Cell phone)

You have been getting crushed today....and you gotta be over 30" . This stuff is piling up very quickly and efficiently

I'll go take another pic out there and post it in the fb group. I'll add more to our archive thread in the morning.

I agree on being past 30", that 25" measurement was several hours ago, and I've seen steady light/moderate snow nonstop since then.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worcester snowfall record (thanks to Will):

33.5" as of 7 PM snow total breaks the previous record snow total of 33.0" from the March 31-April 1, 1997 "April Fool's Day" snowstorm.

--Turtle (yep, at work)  

What a Moment on this board.  WHAT....a Moment.  Turtle Chimes in to state the incredible News.  The Greatest Honor in our Sport, Our Weenieism, our Life.  A Greatest Snowstorm Total Record.  In the Snowiest major city in the East.  In the City that has broken the Record 3 Times in 22 Years and 1 month.  To see that happen once is insane.  

This whole journey and quest from me walking around the most insane days of my life at the NAMM convention in LA, calling people and texting people, but secretly looking up flights as Paul Kocin, TJ Del Santo and Will were telling me, COME HOME!, has always been 2 things - On the edge, and Magic.  I nearly missed, Nearly, my flight from Florida to Boston.  When I landed it was snowing already.  Went to a hot tub and headed home as the models continued to show our Beast.  

Although I have been complaining a lot because of the continued curse for RI in storms, I feel like the On the Edge, and the Magic, have 1 more trick up their sleeve.  I thought I was done at 13".  Stuck.  Then the 4" per hour event happened for 45 minutes.  The second longest of that kind behind 2/3/2003 which I love to the ends of the world.  The only reason I knew it was happening was because of the Same event as in 2003; I went to the same driveway I was at in 2003, but with the New neighbor, as he was using a snowblower and looked - Went, "I just went over that!", 0.5" was there.  Then I helped out and watched different spots to measure.  It was 4" PH.  

The last trick up the sleeve, is that I swear this storm wants to get me 24".  I can only feel Amazed like everyone else then.  I just did a drive with my best friend and snow buddy (the guy who was shoveling that driveway in 2003), and were amazed at what we saw driving around.  But these bands Won't STOP!!  Bands keep coming in for me.  I'm super close to the 2 foot mark.  

Blizzard of 2015.  I may have once again missed the jackpot.  But you are amazing.  And about to be the 6th 2 foot snowstorm in my town since 1992 and 1 of 10 back to say the mid-1800's.  

My Biggest and Deepest CONGRATULATIONS to Will, and All of those in Worcester.  You've done it.  It's actually happened.  A #1.  

Now let's get that 2 Feet for The Snowman in North Cumberland, Rhode Island Baby!!!!  

:violin:  :weenie:  :snowwindow:  :snowing:  :mapsnow:  :snowman:  :D  :scooter:  :cory:             

I made the comment just over a week ago that BOS would triple their then total of 5.5 within 2 weeks. It's increased by a fact of 6 and counting in a little over one. The mets knew the pattern could produce and it sure has. Ginxy is right, as soon as I started to melt, snow showed up on guiancec starting with last weekend. Fun times we're in the midst of.

I bring this up for Ray and Ginxy and others that were up as we discussed Mike Seidel being in Plymouth last night.  I suggested if he wanted some even more dramatic footage he move down the road to Bert's.   At about the moment we were having this conversation a husband and wife took a drive to Bert's to see the seas.  A short time later a wave took their car IN the parking lot, tossed it up and over and dumped it in the river.  If it not for a Plymouth PD patrol and the sound of screams there would likely have been two fatalities, these folks were really really lucky.  The car...gone.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/01/27/coastal-residents-struggle-with-flooding-during-blizzard/GeXmBMVGT5MsorVG1fH4cJ/story.html

Bert's is basically destroyed.  The Blizzard of 2015 finished what the Blizzard of 1978 started.   Mother nature is a cruel mistress.

Ginxy, on 27 Jan 2015 - 10:34 PM, said:snapback.png

Seriously do yourself a favor and run the 200 image loop here while you can, just drawn up in my basement.

http://weather.cod.e...e=BOX-N0Q-1-200

Thanks Ginxy, I was hoping someone would post that, I knew there had to be some epic rates when I was sleeping to get the totals I did, had to be 3"+ per hour stuff.

Totals out by Wildcat and SR are going to Surprise those doing snow measurements in the morning (specially If they are not weather weenies watching the radar)

I should prepare them by posting on their FB pages lol

radar looked great up there, this was desperately needed.

Wachusett is saying they got 30".....how's that possible when I'm two miles away and I got 16"?

SCIENCE!  

Wachusett is saying they got 30".....how's that possible when I'm two miles away and I got 16"?

Heh...not sure I believe their total, but there is definitely a very sharp cutoff right around WaWa. Holden, Sterling, and Fitchburg are all close to or over 30 inches.

Exactly one week before the blizzard of '13, I went night skiing at Pat's Peak. That winter was in contention for futility, but as we know was soon followed by an epic back end with two KUs. I took it as a sign from Ullr. So, eight days ago, similarly facing futility, I made a second trip up there. A week later, look where we are. I'm beginning to get a little superstitious haha!

Which news website is best to follow all this on? I'm in the Uk so our own news channels are not really saying much.

cnn.com has a lead story about the storm. Not sure if it would be the international edition for you. Enjoy your vicarious lurking! Perhaps some day I'll do the same for one of your infamous windstorms.

I bring this up for Ray and Ginxy and others that were up as we discussed Mike Seidel being in Plymouth last night.  I suggested if he wanted some even more dramatic footage he move down the road to Bert's.   At about the moment we were having this conversation a husband and wife took a drive to Bert's to see the seas.  A short time later a wave took their car IN the parking lot, tossed it up and over and dumped it in the river.  If it not for a Plymouth PD patrol and the sound of screams there would likely have been two fatalities, these folks were really really lucky.  The car...gone.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/01/27/coastal-residents-struggle-with-flooding-during-blizzard/GeXmBMVGT5MsorVG1fH4cJ/story.html

Bert's is basically destroyed.  The Blizzard of 2015 finished what the Blizzard of 1978 started.   Mother nature is a cruel mistress.

You know better than that.

Mother Nature has no opinions and passes no judgments she just Mother Nature's along. It is humans who swim against the current of natures inherent order.

cnn.com has a lead story about the storm. Not sure if it would be the international edition for you. Enjoy your vicarious lurking! Perhaps some day I'll do the same for one of your infamous windstorms.

Don't do it for a month.  Don't want to overuse it St. Anthony.  

Only use it wisely.  That was like me and a girl I was dating for the 2012-2013 Winter.  When she was here, it sucked.  She'd leave and I'd predict a snowstorm.  The Blizzard happened when she Unexpectedly left.  Was unreal.        

Archived