Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you break a foot?

I'm driving Rt 2 to Cambridge tomorrow and I can't wait to see the transition from meager to good to epic. Maybe I'll stop and take pics every 10 miles to record the increases in totals.

Yup. I'm calling it 14.5". I thought I was done early on but the nickels added up. Just east of here...like 10 miles...they have double that plus more.

We're still on the western side of the closed ULL...basically a decaying deformation CCB. Until the ULL wobbles northeast, it will keep throwing moisture over E MA...it should be coming to en end over the next few hours, but it's been pretty slow to move out.

Other thing that is obvious to me on Ginx's loop is how fortunate I was.  I was in that band that was away from everything else with not much on either side of me.  That and the backlash...really made this .

Here's the GYX radar...you can see the CCB still coming in from the E and NE up in ME...then rotating back S into SNE for leftovers...once the storm got really captured well, it has moved very slowly.

Jan27_1030pm_GYXRadar.gif

The meat and potatoes of that will never make it here.. It's moving east or northeast if anything from here on out. Imagine if it cut off and drifted southwest... LOL

sometimes when you realize you were wrong... you end up sort of being right! no meteorologist will answer why or what or how it is still snowing. they will just have some smart ass way of dumbing down what you see with your very eyes! sorry.. I just watched the patriot and feel invincible

Will just did ???

I really think we can reach 3' here, with this fluff that has been falling for, what, 8 straight hours now.  Be curious to see official measurements from this area. 

There is no doubt in my mind Ray is over 30" already.  I thought he was on the conservative side with his measurements early on, but I also think 5 miles around here can be a 6" difference in the banding last night, so who really knows.  All I know is that this is by far the #1 storm I've ever seen, solely in terms of snowfall, and I'm about to turn 39 and lived within 20 miles of here my whole life. 

They are prob snowing at like 2-3" per hour in that band from Sunday River to Pinkham Notch, lol

Totals out by Wildcat and SR are going to Surprise those doing snow measurements in the morning (specially If they are not weather weenies watching the radar)

I should prepare them by posting on their FB pages lol

Archived