SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

32" in the PNS for ORH, might crack the record there.

Also the Shrewsbury total in the graphic seems a bit low to me, would've thought they had easily eclipsed 30".

I'm pretty sure that was very early in the pm

I like them for the jack

of course it's pounding there now (they are pretty much at the bottom of the right side of the "W" in Worcester ) here

Hi everyone,,i just got in from plowing, was out 1:30am till now, what a storm, I was praying at 10 am to stop!(lol) I heard my city got 30", I will have to agree, some major drifting as well. Tomorrow I will be in our loader stacking/moving pile. Anyways, I want to thank all that answered my questions prior to the event etc., I have to try to snow blow rear yard in a few days, poor dog wants to play, snow is taller then she!

Congrats you all. Some of these numbers are like what we get in the mountains down here during the big Miller A's that run up the coastal plain. No matter where it happens there is nothing as amazing as 3 feet of snow in one storm. Biggest b**ch is that the snow piles besides your driveway are 6 feet high. Its a pain in the ass to toss the snow that high with a snow shovel.. Awesome stuff enjoy!!

Best. Storm. Ever.

There, I said it.

Most beautiful drifts, most surprises, sweetest outcome for wx lovers far and wide.

I don't even care what the measurement is imby because it is impossible to measure. There are 4 foot drifts that look like a sculpture in a museum and there are sparkling vistas everywhere I look. I won't ever forget this one, and I can't wait to see it in the morning light.

12.1F, -SN, and another band on the doorstep.

my friend in putnam, ct says he has at least 30, with drifts over 5 feet 

30.5" here in Brooklyn on the 169 spine - measured in the afternoon sometime.  I haven't measured in a while, but it could be a bit more than that.   Went out to clear the snow out of the driveway.  2.5 hours later I was only halfway finished.  Need to get back at it in the morning as I think my sickness got worse from being out there.  Sucks that I can't enjoy it.

F*cking sisidence here.

I have literally been inside about 10 miles or less inside the western edge of the band for at least 4 hours now.  I keep thinking at some point, it's going to clear us and continue east, but so far, it just keeps holding on.  I'm about 2 miles northeast of the 93/495 intersection in Andover.  At this point, it's really getting kind of absurd. 

Archived