• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid-Atlantic Winter 2014-2015 Snowfall Contest

T. August

Since I failed miserably in the First Freeze Contest, I need redemption. All you have to do is copy and fill in the form below, and I will keep track of predictions and participants. Guess to the nearest tenth of an inch, as in 25.2".

Winter 2014-2015 Total Snowfall-

BWI:

IAD:

DCA:

RIC:

Tiebreaker-

DCA Greatest 24hr Snowfall:

I wanted to do something interesting for the tiebreaker, so I decided it would be to guess DCA's greatest 24hr snowfall this season.

Please enter by Dec. 1st.

*This contest is not for DJF. It is for NDJFMA. It's not really a winter prediction, but more like a snow season prediction.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is exactly what I think is going to happen, hence my snowfall predictions being similar to yours.

I'm thinking along the same lines. Anomalous blocking period that puts RIC and places further south in the bullseye for a good one. Once the first half of Dec comes into better focus I may edit but for now my totals reflect how I'm thinking.

hmmm... any reason why you went considerably lower than your CWG outlook?

It isn't considerably lower....it's like 2-3" lower for DCA and BWI...a bit more for IAD...I didn't want to just regurgitate the same numbers...and I thought in terms of winning the contest, I am in a better place competitively if I shoot slightly lower than the norms, as I think a lot of people will go 15-25" for DCA

I actually think the winter ends up warm

hush

It isn't considerably lower....it's like 2-3" lower for DCA and BWI...a bit more for IAD...I didn't want to just regurgitate the same numbers...and I thought in terms of winning the contest, I am in a better place competitively if I shoot slightly lower than the norms, as I think a lot of people will go 15-25" for DCA

hush

Lol ;-)

With the atmospheric dice even more loaded, the jet stream subject to wild swings, a strengthening nino 3.4, and cold already appearing in the area, I think 09-10 gets a run for its money (not thrilled, I prefer less snow and cold)

IAD - 72

BWI - 80

DCA - 40

RIC - who cares? 25, if a number is required

TB - 15

Double TB - Tenman gets caught in a late night blizzard, and finally turns to dust upon sunrise.

Archived