• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Mid-Atlantic Winter 2014-2015 Snowfall Contest

T. August

Well, Fozz, since this is a weather board, I guess I was just making chatter. Personally, I thought that guys guesses were laughably low, but all of a sudden, they don't seem that way at all - maybe even high. Just trying to make some light of the snow frustration most of us are feeling. Regardless, like you, I sure do hope the pattern flips and we see some snow at some point, which I would imagine is self-evident...

You seem REALLY touchy nowadays. Maybe take a Xanax or something, dude.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The amount of cold air about to be unleashed is fairly impressive so I think it's only a matter of time until the region gets nailed. My choice of Jan 7th won't apparently produce a big event although a couple of inches looks possible around 6th or 7th.  So then I would be looking towards these dates for the possible "big snows of 2015" -- Feb 2-4, Feb 14-18. We need to shorten these waves a bit, get the cold to stick around ahead of a vortmax longer.

needbiggerboat is lol ;)

If everything goes well, I guess I could see my BWI prediction (28") come true. MBY 36" is really lol.

Hope you like to eat crow, as your under departure from actual for BWI will be greater than my over departure (if there is one) by the end of your contest period.  Same applies to Noreastericane.

• 4 weeks later...

Mercurial starting to look like a boss.

I don't know this Mercurial poster but I wish he could post here and tell us more what his reasoning was at the time or going forward. I don't know if it was a guess or what, but its starting to look really good. 

i don't follow MA weather closely, but I went the Prices Right route and guessed super low totals since nobody else did.  

BTW NE Balti Zen I grew up in the 21214 zip code :)

i don't follow MA weather closely, but I went the Prices Right route and guessed super low totals since nobody else did.  

See this is where you missed an opportunity to look real smart- you could've just said, "Well obviously if you morons all studied the [insert random acronyms here] oscillations you would've easily been able to see that this winter would suck". But anyway, good call and I think you have a good chance of winning.

I like my BWI/DCA/IAD calls but I think the RIC call is gonna ruin me... they only have 0.3 inches so far. We need a suppressed storm that screws us to the south now for me to win.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Winter 2014-2015 Total Snowfall-

BWI: 27.5

IAD:  33.1

DCA: 17.2

RIC: 14.7

Tiebreaker-

DCA Greatest 24hr Snowfall: 6.0

Think my RIC prediction is pretty close after yesterday?  Need about 3" at DC and 6" at IAD and BWI.  So, a 3-6" event through the area and I can wrap this puppy up.    

Archived