wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
St. Paddy's Day Storm Obs

nj2va

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy snow, 27 degrees, thousands of flakes being blown sideways past the streetlights, 2.5 inches of snow. I am getting destroyed out here, Bob Chill style!!! Roads and sidewalks have conceded to the frigid snowy onslaught.

Its a winter wonderland here in Dale City! This can't possibly be mid March.

My understanding was that we really would not start accumulating until after midnight.

I think this storm will overperform, particularly since tonight we have the luck of the Irish!

Heavy snow, 27 degrees, thousands of flakes being blown sideways past the streetlights, 2.5 inches of snow. I am getting destroyed out here, Bob Chill style!!! Roads and sidewalks have conceded to the frigid snowy onslaught.

I told ya I didn't think we were done yet. We're a snow town now.

Looks like 4 inches here in Millwood and snowing pretty hard.  I drove to Berryville and back around 8:45 and the primary roads were almost completely covered.  VDOT didn't pre-treat the roads out here so they are going to be pretty nasty in the morning.

My understanding was that we really would not start accumulating until after midnight.

I think this storm will overperform, particularly since tonight we have the luck of the Irish!

Jeb, NAM gives you around .63" qpf from 8PM-2AM! no kidding!

No way...09-10 delivered 50"+ in 12 days, along with the possibly the most intense blizzard in MA history (Constant 50mph gusts along with 2"/hr rates).

2009-10 blows away 2013-14, IMO.

If you like 3/4 of your winter in 12 days, then I guess you have won the debate

Congrats, epic

We have been so chilly and have gotten so much snow this winter that at times I felt that I have moved to your snow town, Ginxy. I am absolutely beside myself with joy! I can't believe I got such a sweet snowstorm on my 50th birthday!!!! What's more, I am closing in on 40 inches for the season. My normal climo for the season is about 20 inches.

Archived