joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
St. Paddy's Day Storm Obs

nj2va

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think DCA got 7.0" on the nose from Feb. 12-13, but many other areas got closer to a foot or more in the metro area.  So not expecting that storm to get topped.  Regardless, this could be the 2nd best storm of the year if things work out right.  Where I'm at, the Jan. 21 storm is currently #2.

icing on the cake for the season! The street on my hill is now covered. 3" to 4" already as of 11:10

Ripping and 27 degrees with snow-covered roads and 2.5" and counting...on March 16.

Wild. Just wild.

You sure got that one right, and yesterday I was out doing yard work with shorts and a summer tshirt in 70 degree sunshine, gorging on water like a hot horse trapped in the Sahara Desert lol.

What an incredible difference a day makes. It's a winter wonderland out there, with even more snow on the way

K st at 11th just caved

a5u5udy9.jpg

Friggin' nice picture!  I like photos that show how the visibility decreases like that, to get a feel for how hard it's snowing.  I've been taking several this evening so far, will have to sift through them and post some at some point.  Glad the ol' Canon Rebel got an actual workout this winter!

It has been snowing since 5 pm or so. I have a few inches. Seriously, win win situation. Never would have expected it. The roads are ok. My street has some accumulation. But I am at 630 '. Will be interesting to see what I have in the morning.

Ten should be a lock for you - You are in the same region as the wxtrix and she got upgraded to 5 to 10. You got elevation, cold air plenty of moisture and orographic enhancement FTW !!!

Archived